eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Smoke, smell, oil and no 4 wheel drive! Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonypearce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 21:33    Post subject: Smoke, smell, oil and no 4 wheel drive! Help Reply with quote

Pajero 2.5 LWB 1991 Auto

My Paj has died! driving along at about 50mph, engine suddenly labours, thinks brakes? no, they work fine, we are running for a ferry in France with 3 kids on board, so decide to risk it (not a word!) anyway few miles and clutch smell , decide enough is enough, waiting for next layby, but before this happens it feels like the brakes have been stamped on, swerve to side of road, big bang and if I had braked and left in gear and stopped the engine, but, engine still running!! put in to L and pulls away, not labouring, just a god aweful smell of burning, put into D and go the last 5 miles to ferry.... get of ferry 10 mile drive to home and grinding noise, parked up and waiting for garage to collect tomorrow.

Befor anyone say's I did wrong I KNOW! guilt all over my face, and I'm going to no pay the price!

Anyway, has anyone any idea what could have happened, and has the Paj left this world?

Tony
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a diff or wheel bearing gone
if you still had it running  Confused
tonypearce

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info..

Is this an expensive job? just trying to brace for the garage phone call!

Cheers
Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: