Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

‘Wild’ Camping and the 4x4

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneWolf_sw

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 19:03    Post subject: ‘Wild’ Camping and the 4x4 Reply with quote

Hi all

I am recovering from a pretty nasty illness that put me out of action since last October  so I missed most of the winter season, I’m hoping to be back on my feet by the summer but have now a bit of a dilemma.

I used to enjoy my wild camping a great deal, but always got to my ‘wild’ camp sites after a good day’s trekking in the hills, fells, uplands, downs etc, as this would get me as far off the beaten track and human habitation as possible.

I will not be in a good enough state of health to do these day long treks for some years to come but would still love to get out wild camping this summer, especially as my youngest son (14) has started to take an interest.

Do any of you know of any areas where we can take the old Paj but still be far out enough to camp with as little threat of being moved on as possible?

many thanks

Yan

oh if there are any more 'wild' camping enthusiasts out there, feel free to keep something going here for a natter.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 19:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yan

Dont mind a bit of camping myself, but have not done no any "wild camping", the lake district would be a very good area for a bit of laning a camping.

Shaun
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazbabe  UK Rabitter and Dr Nail are into this  Wink .....I got my 'Wild Camping' paid for by HM Government  Wink Wet cold and bloody dangerous at times  Laughing

Saying that the Caravan is up for sale  Shocked .....now where do I kip on Club Eevnts  scratch  Laughing
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick the nurse wrote:
The "Mobile Shed" is up for sale  Shocked .....now where do I kip on Club Eevnts  scratch  Laughing

You're on Nursey wages again Nick ...... with Steve aka Onan in a 5 star hotel Laughing

Where has he been hiding, Steve doesn't seem to be around much these days?  hmmm
LoneWolf_sw

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

skids wrote:
Hi Yan

Dont mind a bit of camping myself, but have not done no any "wild camping", the lake district would be a very good area for a bit of laning a camping.

Shaun

I agree, the lakes do look promising if perhaps a little difficult to get away from the crowds. Mind you if one sticks to the mantra of 'setup late, leave early' there will be places even in the most visited spots where one could get an undesturbed nights kip Very Happy

nick the nurse wrote:
Tazbabe  UK Rabitter and Dr Nail are into this  Wink

I await their comments with interest.

.....I got my 'Wild Camping' paid for by HM Government  Wink Wet cold and bloody dangerous at times  Laughing

Hmmmm, they sure have a lot to answer for  Twisted Evil  it's where I got the bug too  Rolling Eyes

Saying that the Caravan is up for sale  Shocked .....now where do I kip on Club Eevnts  scratch  Laughing

wanna buy a MK11 Frame Patrol? Wink
thumbup
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing If we can sell the van it may be considered  Wink .thought you were ex mob.what lot were you in Confused  2 Para me  best worst mistake I ever made  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Minesapasty is ex RN got to wash everyday a bed  and decent scran  Razz How the other half live  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still had the chance to go out into the field (so to speak)....... spent a week on the moors (R&R), woke up to a horse looking in through the tent flaps a couple of times  Laughing (Woke up to some horrors elsewhere but won't go into that  Laughing ).

You para's had an umbrella to keep the rain off...... but why you wanted to jump out of a serviceable aircraft....... well that just beats me, bunch of nutters  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Nothing changed there Nick  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope yer right ............we always said they could get us up there  but trust them to land it safely  Shocked No way.all of 'em have Degrees  Shocked they don't even speak a recognised language (Daisy's Mike will kill me  Laughing )

....and the In flight service is s*it  Twisted Evil  Laughing ...funny how the drop master says no smoking allowed :theres 3.000 gallons of Avgas on Board yabba yabba yabba  Razz   Evil or Very Mad  Laughing

Strangely they ALWAYS changed their minds when the safety was taken off  Twisted Evil  Razz  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  

Would I jump again.......you bet  Very Happy ........would Kath leave me for doing it...... YEP Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

So thats something left for the memory bank .......shame  Evil or Very Mad  
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need a bigger chute now Nick  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye C double L and about 2 miles from the DZ  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Wink...and I'd  better pack a Tent to get it back on Topic Embarassed  Wink  Laughing
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yan.

wild camping is allowed in scotland   Wink

isuspect you are talking really wild, whereas our wild camping forays tend to mean we have been on an allowed area, but with no facilities, so we can have fires etc.
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy  and there is non wilder than tazbabe in a tent,even at the age of 85 Confused  Wink  Laughing
leeandeb

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowdonia ! wild camp there or you can do the 'north wales 4x4 safari' to get back into the swing of things  Smile
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yan, if you want to do a bit of laning and camping, post it, and i'll be up for that(just got another tent).
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeandeb wrote:
snowdonia ! wild camp there or you can do the 'north wales 4x4 safari' to get back into the swing of things  Smile

Kind of defeats the 'wild' camping thing, if you're paying for laning in North Wales Rolling Eyes

Stick a post up - "Anybody laning in North Wales in the near future?" - it won't take long to get a POCUK posse together thumbright

Simon Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: