QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

‘Wild’ Camping and the 4x4

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:
leeandeb wrote:
snowdonia ! wild camp there or you can do the 'north wales 4x4 safari' to get back into the swing of things  Smile

Kind of defeats the 'wild' camping thing, if you're paying for laning in North Wales Rolling Eyes

Stick a post up - "Anybody laning in North Wales in the near future?" - it won't take long to get a POCUK posse together thumbright

Simon Cool

Why pay that sort of money, when lanes are free
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 22:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

leeandeb

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

because he is recovering from an illness and there would be help on hand to assist him if he took a turn for the worst  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
as it states this in his post !!!!
better to be safe than sorry on your 1st outing
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeandeb wrote:
skids wrote:
Why pay that sort of money, when lanes are free

because he is recovering from an illness and there would be help on hand to assist him if he took a turn for the worst  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

As there would be if he went out (for free!) with a group from the POCUK! Rolling Eyes

Simon dontknow
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeandeb wrote:

My reply was aimed at the price of the outing compared to the kind of camping described in Yan's first post, nothing to do with Yan's state of health
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nick,

Maybe we could have a Tri-Service outing sometime, ex RAF here (and yes I did work for a living and also had to "camp out" now and again Wink  )...

I'm also in a similar boat to Yan, ill health etc, so have had to curb old habits, also, I used to love laning, but these days the only lanes I go on are around the local forest's, can't really do anything too extreme as I rely on the Paj 100% to get around, if you know what I mean, so limited to gentle lanes...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Strangely it sounds like a good idea Andy ............NO CAMO paint 'tho.or I'll start with the 'dreams' again  Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad  Laughing
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick the nurse wrote:
Laughing NO CAMO paint 'tho.or I'll start with the 'dreams' again  Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad  Laughing

The doctor said that Nick is allowed to keep the fishnets, but DEFINITELY no make up...... or he will suffer relapse Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
leeandeb

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

skids wrote:
leeandeb wrote:

My reply was aimed at the price of the outing compared to the kind of camping described in Yan's first post, nothing to do with Yan's state of health

i see, but to be honest i thought that if he goes off road in his paj ( dont know how experienced he is ) as we all know it can put a massive strain on the body just doing that.
that is why i posted the 'safari' type thing as if he has little experience of this he may also find off roading very stressfull  Smile

however i hate to agree with Si but perhaps a local poweys member should maybe do a rally on his patch !
that would give ppl who live in city's or just do payplay sites an idea of what this country has to offer on our own doorstep !

maybe instead of meeting in a car park and seafront drive, we should be given a g-p-s ref in the middle of the welsh mountains....

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick the nurse wrote:
Laughing Strangely it sounds like a good idea Andy ............NO CAMO paint 'tho.or I'll start with the 'dreams' again  Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad  Laughing

So when, where and how long... Very Happy

Maybe Weston on the Green or even PTS (you should know those site Nick Very Happy )
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
skids
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for a bit of laning and camping over a wekend Smile
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weston and PTS  Shocked .yer got to be kidding  Shocked  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Aye I'm up for that  Wink  Laughing
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick the nurse wrote:
Weston and PTS  Shocked .yer got to be kidding  Shocked  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Aye I'm up for that  Wink  Laughing

Shocked nick it is WILD CAMPING ,kath wont let you have the caravan window open all night auld man Laughing
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Laughing
LoneWolf_sw

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I’m really sorry it’s been so long since I visited the site but unfortunately my health took another nosedive, went into hospital for a routine procedure and ended up with something really nasty. On the upside I’ve now lost half my body weight so the diet is no longer required.

I’ve just got back from a weekends wild camping / fishing with the lad and although I now feel like I’ve been mangled by a less than friendly bull elephant, we had a great time, the venue was very local to me just in case but everything worked out fine so it looks like late summer could be a goer for us. So to get back to the topic………………

nick the nurse wrote:
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing If we can sell the van it may be considered  Wink .thought you were ex mob.what lot were you in Confused  2 Para me  best worst mistake I ever made  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Minesapasty is ex RN got to wash everyday a bed  and decent scran  Razz How the other half live  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Hi Nick

Well I started of in sigs, 1st posting 8 Bgde HQ & Sig sqdn. Was then put on attachment with various mob’s and ended up with D Troop in L’Derry. Happy days

I’ve not seen too much swinging of the lamp on here, you sure he’s ex RN? Very Happy Very Happy

tazbabe wrote:
hi yan.

wild camping is allowed in scotland   Wink

I suspect you are talking really wild, whereas our wild camping forays tend to mean we have been on an allowed area, but with no facilities, so we can have fires etc.

Hi Tazbabe

Yeah I read all about the new Countryside Access Act for Scotland, sounds great but I think a little ambitious for me this year at least,

MO says I should be back to fighting fitness within the next 18 months so was thinking of somewhere perhaps a little closer to home, Wales, any of the Moors, or even just a little spit of land somewhere where parking up the Paj and pitching a tent, lighting a fire and just chilling for a few days won’t cause the landowner to come out with a heavily armed posse to move us on.

I suppose a lot of it is down to wanting to pass on some of the outdoorsy skills I’ve been taught over the years to my boy, and having had such a huge health scare realising just how short time is and wanting to get back out there.

So if you know of anywhere, we’d much appreciate if you share J

leeandeb wrote:
snowdonia ! wild camp there or you can do the 'north wales 4x4 safari' to get back into the swing of things  Smile

Snowdonia looks and sounds ideal, I’m not much of a one for commercial 4x4 safari’s, prefer to make it up as I go along Wink get into much more trouble that way Very Happy
Seriously though guys, North Wales is a definite contender, if not this year certainly next, thanks.

skids wrote:
Yan, if you want to do a bit of laning and camping, post it, and i'll be up for that(just got another tent).

Skids, you name it, would love to get out for a bit of laning & camping. I was kind of wondering about Salisbury Plain (weekends only of course Very Happy ) or its peripheries, we also have the Ridgeway running through N-S and the Wansdyke E-W neither of which I’ve managed to explore yet.

Talking of tents, I’ve decided mine is just too big, we set up this weekend and it looked like the bloody town hall, the sleeping compartment could very comfortably sleep 9, 12 at a push and the ‘living’ compartment you could park a small car in, so my very next step is to flog what has been affectionately named ‘The Cathedral’ and get myself a much smaller tent, 3 / 4 berth max. See ‘The Cathedral’ below…..

[img=http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8343/fishing334.jpg]

PoCUK wrote:

Stick a post up - "Anybody laning in North Wales in the near future?" - it won't take long to get a POCUK posse together thumbright

Simon Cool

OK so anyone fancy a bit of laning / froading / camping / fishing / shooting .......  sorry,  just trying to cover all the bases Wink In the Mid SW region? well at least to start with, will certainly be up for heading further a field next summer, but this year I’d like to stay reasonably local if at all possible.

Well I can say one thing so far, the great outdoors has certainly gone a long way towards aiding my recovery, I think probably much more so than a lot of these fancy meds they keep stuffing inside me J It’s been a real tonic, getting out and about for both me and the lad so I look forward to reading your thoughts, comments and suggestions.

Happy summer thumbright
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you back and on the mend  thumbleft I'm sure Tony is ex RN  Laughing ......take things slowly Wolfie  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: