QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Wild Camping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mungodog

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Wild Camping Reply with quote

One for tents, caravans and motorhomes here. We enjoy wild camping in our motorhome (not using a site and staying for free in nice places). It would be good to build up a list of these places for the POCUK Community. I'm aware of other sites on the internet that have started charging to access this information, but that seems totally against the spirit of it to me.

Here's a few to start off:

Peak District Monsal Head car park behind the hotel as long as you're outside any marked spaces.

Newton Beach car park at the end of Porthcawl, South Wales.

Two laybys at Llanidloes on the mountain road in mid wales (stunning views and walks)

Loads of laybys in the Brecon Beacons

Lligwy Beach, Anglesey (may get charged in season, free out of season)

I've loads more, so come on folks, for every few that are posted I'll post a few more!

Let's enjoy the wilds and do it responsibly take only pictures and memories and leave only footprints!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mungodog

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one here who enjoys the pleasures of responsible free camping then? Laughing
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're spoilt in scotland, we're allowed to wildcamp just about everywhere.with a few exceptions.
around here, the beach from kilwinning to largs is a favourite
mungodog

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazbabe wrote:
we're spoilt in scotland, we're allowed to wildcamp just about everywhere.with a few exceptions.
around here, the beach from kilwinning to largs is a favourite

I wish the rest of the UK was so enlightened. I bet the system is not abused much in Scotland either which is the worry elsewhere with travellers moving in or people taking a months holiday in one spot.

So pleased to have one reply though after all this time! Thank you! Laughing  Wink
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right, its not particularly abused, of course, there are always those who will be silly about locations and spoil it for others, but on the whole, as far as i have seen  it works quite well.
mungodog

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm........ I feel a trip to Scotland coming on! Laughing  How ya fixed for a visitor? Laughing
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

mungodog wrote:
Hmmmm........ I feel a trip to Scotland coming on! Laughing  How ya fixed for a visitor? Laughing

Taz is closer to you this weekend, she's in Rhyl at the Mega Meet.

But for sure she will welcome you if your up Scotland, always has the kettle on.
mungodog

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows how out of date I am with this club at the minute - didn't even realise it was a mega meet this weekend. We're off to North Wales in the motorhome tonight so might be able to pop in to see everyone at last. Where exactly is it in Rhyl?
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

mungodog wrote:
Shows how out of date I am with this club at the minute - didn't even realise it was a mega meet this weekend. We're off to North Wales in the motorhome tonight so might be able to pop in to see everyone at last. Where exactly is it in Rhyl?

Ty Mawr, in between Rhly and Pensarn on teh coast road,  tomorrow, many Pajerros out around Betws Y Coed and Llanberis doing a treasure hunt, then Sunday, loads doing green lanes around the Llangollen area, but, if your near the camp site, then call in Saturday night, we have a marquee, etc, food, bring drinks, we are on the rally field, to the right as you enter the site.

Any problems   07985 117277
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

mungodog wrote:

come and see us anytime!

we have a field for camping in, or a spare room in the house, choice is yours.
we're ideally situated for using us as a stopping point on your way up/down the country.

but if you do come to the mm this weekend, we can chat about it then  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: