Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

remote retractable mirrors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apulmax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 23:21    Post subject: remote retractable mirrors Reply with quote

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how I can auto-retract my door mirrors with the alarm remote? it is a Cobra 7928/26/HF which does do the central locking but not the mirrors.............yes I know some of you will be saying lazy git but when you live on a street and have to use half the pavement to avoid walking half a mile up the road to retrieve your mirror after someone decides to play kiss chase with it, you will know what i mean. Nearly everytime you forget and have to walk back to the paj unlock it, put key in ignition.........get the picture?

Thanks goes out to everyone who have posted on this site, wow so much information i didnt know about my paj and now do Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 23:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

All credit to Ali for this description on how to wire your mirrors into your central locking. All I did was to cut and paste it and put a capital T at the start Razz

Quote:

This is how ya wire them up.....first remove the door panel....its better to remove the passanger side...as some pre 92 modles don't have a central door locking moduel on the drivers side.....then you need to test for a live feed when locking and unlocking at the moduel...make a note which is which...then run two wires up to the mirror switch....it is a bit fiddley getting the wires from the door to the paj....you need to put a inline fuse on each wire...just incase some thing go's wrong.....then pop the switch out from the dash....on the top right,there is two wires...one brown with a blue line...and one brown with a white line.....test these for folding in and out...make a note which is which..put ya locking in to the folding in wire ....and ya unlocking in to ya folding out.....don't forget to put ya door panel back on....
ali... ... 8)
p:s.dont blame me if ya set ya paj on fire..... .... Laughing
ali

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

welldone scott...you beat me to the search thingy...i did find it...but not as quick as you mate.... Wink .....hope all goes well with wiring it up apulmax..... Very Happy ...it ain't that hard.....oh yeah...welcome to the club.... Very Happy ...
little ali... 8) ...
apulmax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Impressive!!! a reply in half an hour

Thank you very much will try that tomorrow

on that note can anyone tell me what switch should be in the upper right side of the instrument cluster, it has a blanking plate there but when I removed the unit to change a bulb there is a connector block not plugged in
apulmax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did do a searchy thing but it didnt reveal anything, guess I didnt use the right words Shocked
hairyben

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
All credit to Ali for this description on how to wire your mirrors into your central locking. All I did was to cut and paste it and put a capital T at the start Razz

This is how ya wire them up.....first remove the door panel....its better to remove the passanger side...as some pre 92 modles don't have a central door locking moduel on the drivers side.....then you need to test for a live feed when locking and unlocking at the moduel...make a note which is which...then run two wires up to the mirror switch....it is a bit fiddley getting the wires from the door to the paj....you need to put a inline fuse on each wire...just incase some thing go's wrong.....then pop the switch out from the dash....on the top right,there is two wires...one brown with a blue line...and one brown with a white line.....test these for folding in and out...make a note which is which..put ya locking in to the folding in wire ....and ya unlocking in to ya folding out.....don't forget to put ya door panel back on....
ali... ... 8)
p:s.dont blame me if ya set ya paj on fire..... .... Laughing

so the mirrors come as standard with an unused "parking" facility then? Can anyone tell me if this is true for delica spacegears too?
rdarsa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens if you like to lock your doors when on the move, then the mirrors go in???

Any other way of doing this - like to the alarm I have fitted with remote central locking?
hairyben

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdarsa wrote:
what happens if you like to lock your doors when on the move, then the mirrors go in???

Any other way of doing this - like to the alarm I have fitted with remote central locking?

Good call- don't some of these vehicles have speed-operated auto-locking?
apulmax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW my name is Mark

Mine doesnt have a speed locking device, but its true the mirrors will operate of the doors are locked while driving, hmmmmm may need to put a relay in between to disable it when the ignition is on
Scott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this will be the case. If you have wired up the mirors to the locks the alarm system will not differentiate between the doors and mirors, that is if the doors lock you loose the best part of your rear vision Confused . One way around this would be to use the auto window or sunroof close facility. This will have several drawbacks. Not all alarms have this function and i'm fairly certain no alarm will open the sunroof or windows when you un-arm the system. You might think this acceptable but on dark nights I have seen myself driving off without having folded out my mirrors, its not untill a good bit down the road I notice and realise that I pulled away from the side of the road without having had a proper view of comming traffic. Of course I checked my mirrors but failed to see any light of approaching vehicles as the mirror was facing the dash. Also not all vehicles have an alram fitted. Ali described a cheap and easy way to use your existing locking system (alarm/c locking interface or just plain vehicle central locking) to fold in your mirors. This does have the drawbacks mentioned, but is the best option in my opinion. I could describe a system that would do the job as could most with a basic electrical/electronic knowledge, but this would not be commercially available in any kit form with instruction. Make sense.... maybe 8)
apulmax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I alread have an alarm on it, but I think the best bet would be using the door solenoid connections and a relay in between to isolate when the ignition is on. As I am heavily into computers and electronics I know I can do it, will keep you posted and with a diagram if it works Rolling Eyes
rdarsa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool - Good Luck,

If you do instructions, make them really idoit proof - definately want to try this but only with proper instructions.

Cheers,

Richard.
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
on that note can anyone tell me what switch should be in the upper right side of the instrument cluster, it has a blanking plate there but when I removed the unit to change a bulb there is a connector block not plugged in

Hi mark the blank you say about is most likely to be the front fog light switch blank/wiring connector i know it is on mine and most others ive seen hope that helps atb marc 8)
apulmax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marc

I guess the connector is there whether or not the vehicle has front fogs or not.
Mine doesnt have any but I am thinking of putting a couple on with an A bar if I can find an A bar cheap enough
bigt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to Hairybens question - not all mirrors have the park facility...sorry that should read the electric park facility. All MK2 Pajero mirrors should fold in.....so far I have only found Exceeds that have the additional motor to automate the process
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: