Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Clustor/Compass Bulbs Renewal! with Photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 23:14    Post subject: Clustor/Compass Bulbs Renewal! with Photos Reply with quote

The compass light went!... need to get to that little bulb inside the compass unit... !! Straightforward but fiddly job with lots of parts to remove before you get to the little bulb!

I found this on PoCUK's old FAQ ( http://www.pocuk.com/faq/compasslight.htm ):
Quote:
How do I change the compass light bulb?
The compass has it's own light bulb which is tiny and is located in the
left middle of the back of the unit which is visible once you have
removed the outer housing.
There are no wires to it as the power comes from the contacts on the bulb and is supplied by the multi connecter on the bottom of the unit.
Can't remember the part no. for the bulb but you can get them from
Mitsubishi dealers. The same bulbs are also used in the a/c control
panel where there are two of them. They twist through 90 deg to remove
and are very fiddly and not obvious on first inspection.

Armed with my digiCam (+ Marlboro and coffee )... I made a step-by-step guide to renewing the compass bulb...photos are self-explanatory and numbered in order of occurance...

NOTE: Use the same procedure for:
1- renewing the larger bulb that lights the inclinometer/altimeter (photo 3).
2- getting to inclinometer to fill in with Glycerine.
3- making that annoying "red arrow" on the altimeter horizontal.

All 16 photos are on: http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/detail.html?c_album=543222

PS1: the little compass bulb can be accessed WITHOUT dismantling the compass unit as I did in photos (9 - 11)... so you don't need that.. I learnt the hardway

PS2: You can access the bulb through the little round hole as in the photo below... use a flat screwdriver .. twist and pull out!

PS3: I use a 9V battery to test the bulb

PS4: no photos of removing the clustor out of the Pajero as it was dark outside ... but it's easy...use a philips screwdriver to remove 2 screws that hold the top plastic trim... and 4 screws that hold the clustor onto the dash top... unplug GENTLY the elec. connector and take the clustor to the kitchen table

PS5: when done fit back to dash and you need to reset the compass... drive in a circle after pressing the reset button!

PS6: have fun and save your pennies... I think Maplins have the little bulbs
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 23:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: