Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rate PoCUK breakdown cover

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate PoCUK breakdown policies
Excellent - will be hard to beat!
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Very good
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Below par
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Hopeless!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

steve10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

they only charge that to sign up to report a breakdown its an 0800 number at that price who cares others want £75 just for 3 weeks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 16:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PinkPig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE:- Also posted on MDOCUK.

Not very impressed with the POCUK european recovery.
In France, I had a flat battery:-
So, I first called recovery at 11:30am and get passed to international sservice.
1pm receive call to say someone would come at 3pm
1.15pm another call - told nearest operator was 100km away and busy so wouldn't be able to attend until the evening, or a local garage could come out in the following morning.

This cost quite a lot of money in mobile phone calls (need to check the statement, but £20+)
Quite a lot of wasted time while I could have been sorting it out myself (which I ended up doing). And quite a lot of stress for my pregnant wife and 2 year old son that I had with me.

This may be a cheap service, but it appears you get what you pay for (eventually - the paperwork took a number of phone calls chasing them up to get it. "Sorry lost the policy etc")

Next year I'll leave it up to the AA.
mudcom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

rung them this morning got cover £50 no worries
do you know any body who sells cheap diesel then we are laughing thumbleft thanks simon
jaime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Morrisons, Tesco, Asda ....... they call it veg oil. Start laughing Simon.

----------------------jaime-----------------------------
Kevan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevan wrote:
I rang these people last week and the lady that answered informed me she was only the receptionist and would get an advisor to ring me back as soon as one became available, four days later I am still waiting for the call and have gone back to my original company for breakdown cover as if they cant respond to a phone call gawd knows what would happen in the event of a breakdown Sad

Hi Kevan,

sorry to hear about this ... I'm happy to chase it up!

A point worth making though ... the broker isn't the same person that manages the callout - the breakdown company do that Wink

Simon
Kevan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
ThePriest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed up on the phone. Extremely easy and helpful. Wish all sales were this good and easy.
ThePriest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sadly had to use thier service. Excellent telephone manner, swift and no problems in finding me on the database. The wagon was with me within an hour and they got it running but carried it to the garage of my choice as the alternator was not charging and the battery was completely flat. All in all, highly recomended. He even drove my wife home.
ukrabbiter

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for this 9:00am Monday morning Very Happy
Very polite & efficient on the phone
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FAX Machine
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 13:47    Post subject: Renewed for 2nd year Reply with quote

Very pleased with the service from 2Gether, helpful & friendly.
Can't comment on how good the breakdown service is, not had to use it - lets hope that continues. Smile
Best news though, 2Gether gave me the cover last year for £45, and they have renewed for same this year.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Cracking deal on insurance too, cheaper than I was paying for my Mondeo Estate.
nemesis
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd year on the trot now and havent used them yet!!!..very polite on the fone too..still think i shudda had a discount on no callout in a year Wink
timbershifter

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to use them for the first time since joining. Nominated garage attended in 35 minutes and had me running in 5. Loose connection on starter motor. As far as I am concerned its paid for itself already.
Many thanks. Laughing Excellent service
impstar

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 13:16    Post subject: Owners Club Breakdown Cover Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure how to record my vote, but would consider them excellet so far.
Spoke to John on phone, very polite and answered my questions if full to my total satisfaction.

Would consider European cover to be 100% on a cost basis.

Having read comments from other members, I guess that the service is only as good as the independant network they use.

Have used RAC before and had mixed results (including very long waits for assistance and the 'we will have to send a man in a van' before a recovery vehicle can be authorised.....six hours latter etc) Also no comparison on cost with the £55.00 for this service.

Thanks for a great owners club  Razz  Razz  Razz

Paul
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i had to take advantage of my Club breakdown cover this morning after failure to start {Glow Plug Relay Failure} I called them and they were curtious and told me that a rescue vehicle would be at my home address within the hour, 21 minutes later he was here.
This is where it all went down hill, i explained to the MECHANIC  Laughing that my glow plug relays were not operating, i knew this because of lack of power consumption at the volt meter, he put a battery booster on and started to turn her over, and said no i think your relays are knacked, ok i said, so he took off the fuse box cover and said its these 2 here, the silver ones, but there is nothing i can do and off he popped in his little truck.
I came back in the house and went on Ebay to price the afore mentioned part and what i was looking at on Ebay was nothing like what he had just shown me, so with this picture in my mind i went back out to the car and located what i had just seen, and after a little invetigation realised one of the terminals were loose, armed with a 10mm i tightened it up and hey presto, fired first go.
Overall i was impressed with the attention i recieved from start to finish, but it might be nice if i break down on the motorway they could send me a Mechanic and not the lad who washes the cars and makes the tea  Laughing

But yeah the club breakdown cover is brill, recommended  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: