Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rate Sureterm Direct

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Sureterm Direct Insurance
Excellent - will be hard to beat!
35%
 35%  [ 28 ]
Very good
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Average
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Below par
36%
 36%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 79

glyndwr

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing come to sunny North Wales  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Wink  Wink  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 17:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bloobloo

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news glynn, i was quite shocked when i received my quote from them, only 30 quid dearer than yours, same cover by sound of it too. I snapped their hands off before they changed their minds lol
shogun14

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:49    Post subject: sureterm Reply with quote

sureterm direct are a joke last year i paid £175 brilliant i thought,9 months later they sent me a letter saying they had made a mistake n that i was no longer able to drive any1 elses car on the insurance,renewal letter today the price is £285,no trailers allowed or driving other vehicles allowed,becarefull folks!! Rolling Eyes  Confused  Shocked
mr gravel

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

SURETEAM FOR ME  Very Happy

2.8 paj exceed fully comp - £299.00
3 yrs no claims,44 yrs old + wife
3000 limited mileage,green lane cover

Good Job
Walt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr gravel wrote:
SURETEAM FOR ME  Very Happy

2.8 paj exceed fully comp - £299.00
3 yrs no claims,44 yrs old + wife
3000 limited mileage,green lane cover

Good Job

well done mate  Wink

what I don't understand is the purpose of the insurance for green laning, under what cirmcumstances would you claim???  besides, once you claim, your insurance would go high in the sky!  Shocked  what's the bloody point of that???  if the car breaks down, surely you (other members) would do something about it and pehaps call the AA or some other emergency services...   dontknow  Lot cheaper to repair it yourself mate.
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its that time of year again for me so I did what we all do and that was to fish around for a good price which ranged from £416. 80 with kwifit to £209 with Suretrm although Adrian flux came close with £221 but no breakdown cover.  I did click on the link to QuoteSeek on here but I only got one response dontknow who immediately asked what I had already been quoted and then replied with "We can't compete with that good bye"  Shocked  I also had a call from 2gether  Shocked  who asked me for all the info relating to me and my Paj and said they would get back to me this was 3 weeks back and I'm still waiting dontknow   so all in all Sureterm have come up trumps again and at £209 fully comp and full breakdown cover included I'm well happy.  thumbleft
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

was really pleased with them...they came up trumps..£298 fully comp with all the gumph added on... Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool

although i did ask for a quote when Mark was alive and wanted to insure the same truck and they wanted over £600.. Confused
stuartcolvin28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed result for me.

A good price £364
limited to 5k miles

no breakdown and i cant drive other cars , was not informed of this until after the 14 day cooling off period !!!!!!!!!!
Also had to get them to change excess cost as the paper work was different to what was quoted...

cheap insurance but you get what you pay for i guess
minisniper

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave them a call and they quoted me £324 which is the same as my present company Adrian Flux so decided to stay with Adrian Flux but more than pleased with Sureterm's offer
Walt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

minisniper wrote:
I gave them a call and they quoted me £324 which is the same as my present company Adrian Flux so decided to stay with Adrian Flux but more than pleased with Sureterm's offer

that's because you live somewhere over the rainbow!  so no thieve can find ya!   Laughing  Laughing
mitsi_pajero_babe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely ridiculous!! cant beat the quote i got from 2gether!! and told me can only offer me insurance if i agree to do less than 5,000 miles per year!!! WHAT A JOKE! will not be using them
silvercruiser

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could'nt compete with my quote from 2Gether as my paj has to be parked on the road outside my house they could not offer one of their 4x4 policys, therefore it would be £500+, bearing in mind I live in a quite cul-de-sac in North Cornwall.

Unimpressed  Rolling Eyes
nutworld

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

44yr old with 10 yrs ncd a few points an the quote like £730 for fully comp

just a bit ott for the current climate
vijay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sureterm - biggest waste of space! asked if I'd used a comparisson website and if they're not on there as a competitive quote, they can't help me - useless!
CornishBoyInDevon
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say that you never know how good insurance is until you need to claim.  Well, I was hit by a tractor at the end of September and Sureterm have been an absolute nightmare.  Apart from the several layers of out-sourcing I had to wade through (does ANYONE actually do any work???), I finally got hold of Highway / Victoria and they asked if I'd like to claim.  This was a after a month of chasing.  I told them that there was already an active claim but they said that they had been informed by Sureterm that I didn't wish to claim which wasn't the case.  The accident management was outsourced to HelpHire who outsourced the "courtesy car" (the car I paid for with my premium) to Fleet Services.  After finally getting someone out to view my vehicle to assess it (some 6 weeks after the accident), the assessor arrived during the time I told Sureterm that I was not at home for several days.  The rude and tutting assessor (from Vospers, Exmouth) then made his report having seen the vehicle parked up as he was driving away.

In addition to the accident not being my fault and being extremely inconvenient, I was charged £200 for the excess despite paying an additional premium to have an excess of £50 which is noted on my cover note, insurance certificate and my renewal notice, due at the beginning of January.  I am not having to attempt to claim back the excess through the legal cover I paid for (outsourced to Carpenters).  I emailed Carpenters to ask them a question but didn't receive a reply so I called them and was told that they couldn't help as the person I emailed was away and no one else could access that particular email account.  Finally, upon the persons return a week or so later, I called again and my email had not been read so I had to wait on the phone while they read it.

Speaking of phone calls, Sureterm have an 0800 number for quotes and new customers but a premium rate line for reporting your accident.  With the delays of being on hold, I eventually paid £18 in call charges to report the collision.

Having worked in high corporate technology infrastructure for many years, I can say that dealing with Sureterm and their allied companies has been one of the most stressful experiences of my life.  I hope my case was a one-off and that others have had a better time.  I wouldn't even mind of they were cheap but the insurance was £450 on a 94' Paj with maximum 5000 mile allowance.  I'm 38 with a clean license.  Madness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: