Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

VEGGIE OIL

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 21:30    Post subject: VEGGIE OIL Reply with quote

has anyone used vegtable oil in there pajero
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 21:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Navigatorone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO but I am very interested in this development We pay and have paid too high fuel prices in the UK for too long.

For more info about Bio Diesel (chip fat) see

www.northwales.org.uk/bio-power

Keith
EvilEd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a bit in the paper the other day that the Government (Police) are having a big stamp down on this in the N Wales area. Caught a few bods with both Red diesel and Cooking oil... they say the Cooking Oil burners are easier to catch as they smell like chip shops as soon as you stop them. Okay if you're not going to drive round town I suppose....
mitchellgunn

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an interesting debate on the radio last week about this subject, The top Customs and Excise officer dealing with auto fuel tax fraud, claimed it is illegal to use any fuel to propel a vehicle on a public highway, that has not been "duty paid"

But surely if you have purchased the oil through a store you have paid VAT at 17.5%, which is a higher rate of tax than say an electricity supplier charges, for someone who charges an electric car to use on
hanham123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already been down this road, basically no vehicle ( unless exempt) can carry fuel in its tanks that is not "fuel" duty paid, VAT is another duty on top of this.

The fuel duties are as below>

Light oils
Pence per litre

Ultra-low sulphur petrol (ULSP)

Unleaded petrol which is not ULSP

Light oil (except ULSP, unleaded petrol, aviation gasoline and light oils delivered to approved persons for use as furnace fuel)

Aviation gasoline (AVGAS)

Light oil delivered to an approved person for use as furnace fuel

Heavy (gas) oils
Pence per litre

Ultra-low sulphur diesel (ULSD)

Heavy oil which is not ULSD (i.e. conventional diesel)

Marked gas oil and ULSD oil not for road fuel use

Fuel oil

Other heavy oils delivered otherwise than for use as road fuel e.g.

marked kerosene for heating
aviation turbine fuel
lubricating oil
but excluding oils within the gas oil or fuel oil definition
NIL

Fuel substitutes
Pence per litre

Biodiesel for use as a road fuel
25.82 (note 2)

Other fuel substitutes
See note 3

Road fuel gases
Pence per kg

Gas for use as road fuel
From the HM website >>

4 The law

4.1 What does the law forbid?
It is an offence to:

use oil other than DERV to fuel "road vehicles" (this includes using any oil on which the DERV rate of duty has not been paid);
use fully rebated kerosene to propel an excepted vehicle, or fuel an engine (except one only providing heat);
supply other oils when you have reason to believe that they will be used to fuel "road vehicles";
remove any designated chemical marker or dye from any oil;
add any substance to oil to prevent the chemical marker from being identified;
obstruct one of our officers from obtaining a sample of oil;
mix any rebated or duty free oil with any oil on which no rebate has been allowed;
except under licence issued by this Department.

4.2 What are the penalties for breaking these laws?
Your vehicle (or engine) and oil may be seized and forfeited. In the majority of cases your vehicle (or engine) will be restored to you on payment of an amount of money known as the restoration amount. This amount will consist of a penalty for the offence committed (a penalty of £250 may be imposed for each offence), and an assessment for the duty rebate.

If the offence is considered serious your vehicle (or engine) may be seized and forfeited as above (and may not be restored to you) and you may also face a heavy fine or imprisonment.

The penalties which you may face are detailed at Appendix B.

4.3 Can I appeal against the restoration amount or other penalties imposed?
Yes. The Finance Act 1994 introduced a formal two stage process to deal with appeals against many Excise decisions.

If you disagree with any of the following:

the terms offered for restoration of a vehicle (or engine) we have seized
our refusal to restore any vehicle (or engine) we have seized
the imposition of a civil penalty or civil evasion penalty
you may request a formal Departmental review. Your request should set out the reasons for your disagreement, and must be submitted in writing to your local Advice Centre office (not VAT office), within 45 days of our original written decision.

The review will be undertaken by an independent Review Officer, who will have not been involved in the decision. The review will be completed within 45 days of your written request and the outcome will be notified to you in writing.

If you disagree with our review decision you will have a further 30 days to lodge your appeal with the VAT and duties tribunal. You may not lodge an appeal with that tribunal until our review decision is given.

Further information is given in Notice 990 (Excise and Customs Appeals).

Decisions which are part of the criminal regime are not appealable under those arrangements.

4.4 Can I appeal against the seizure of my vehicle?
The actual seizure of goods liable for forfeiture is excluded from the appeal arrangements outlined at paragraph 4.3 above as other arrangements for appeal already exist.

If you disagree with our decision to seize your vehicle (or engine) you can appeal in writing to your local Excise Advice centre (not VAT office) within one month of the date of seizure. We must then bring civil proceedings in the courts to determine the matter, and can make your view known
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hardly worth it spending all the money on conversions, most of which have drawbacks only to have to pay tax on the new fuel you will be using. The whole fuel thing sucks, face it we are never going to get a good deal when it comes to motors in this country Sad
EvilEd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
we are never going to get a good deal when it comes to motors in this country Sad

Oh goody, soapbox time!

*Climbs on the box*

Why should motors be different to everything else??? The Tax I pay in a Month, My partner doesn't receive in a year in child support... I have Personal Healthcare for my family, so no NHS Ops. Dentists don't even take NHS patients anymore and we get to look forward to them changing the Pensions age and it still being *beep*.... but Hey, Tony can pop over to the US every few days to suck up to Bush and we can start wars. But heavens above.... we can't even get decent roads let alone the "Green" variety

*Climbs off soap box*

Ahh, that feels better.
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont you just love it when your thread gets hi-jacked Very Happy
here here Evil ed the whole thing stinks and i'm just starting out Crying or Very sad
Marco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borrowing that box please EvilEd...

...Stand on the box:

One of the reason why I have taken the decision of leaving the UK (I am leaving for good tonight!!) is the fuel rip-off that is happening here.
I had to sell my nice coupe 20vt because petrol is too damn expensive here. Now with my Shogun (2.5TD GLS SWB) I have run through a tank as it was gong out of fashion therefore it is expensive too...
I am looking forward to pay 1/2 price fuel, order a pint of beer at 11.05 without thinking what time it is and most of all having the highest number of bank holidays in europe!!!

... off the box, thank you for let me borrowing it Smile

All the best and I'll write again as soon as I can.

Marco 8)
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco, do you take lodgers? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Navigatorone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

A company is selling biodiesel on petrol forecourts in the Yorkshire area See Rix biodiesel.

Keith
Marco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, only if they are good looking, female, Blonde, blue eyes and Gabi (Wife) is not around.... Twisted Evil

I am really happy to say that here in Barcelona the cost of Diesel is about 75cents per litre (That is Euro cents) which works out at about 50p (£) per litre Mr. Green

Now we are talking.......
Trig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

A litre of Diesel costs me the equivalent of 30 pence (UK currency) Shocked ... in North Cyprus!! BUT Road tax costs 220 pounds per year and the roads are *beep*! Win some, loose some. 8)
MikeC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trig, we want *beep* roads! then we can run our 4x4's about on them, and keep all the other cars with their very expensive low profile tyres and alloys and deep front spoliers off the road! Wink

The rougher the better I rekon! What the hell, make them all 'green lanes'.

....and careful Ed - remember what happened last time you climbed aboard the soap box! Wink
SteveN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soap box time

YEEEEEEEE

Opps forgot Wink

Quote:
....and careful Ed - remember what happened last time you climbed aboard the soap box!

My wrists are still smarting from the slap Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

SteveN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: