eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ABS Fault codes? connector?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucketlover

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so it could be either 1-4-12 although after looking at the back of my plug 12 has no wire going to it. I will have to try all the pins I guess Very Happy
Just to clarify, if it's no.1 all I do is set multi meter to 12v-put red wire from MM to pin and black wire from MM to earth? Embarassed  Embarassed

Hoping to have a easier time flashing up the faults.
Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bl

{{I do is set multi meter to 12v-put red wire from MM to pin and black wire from MM to earth?}}

Yes     Cool  

see you flashing well
emax
bucketlover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emax your a STAAAAAAAAAR
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bl Very Happy

have you got the fault numbers then?? what are they/it??

see you tracking down the busted part Laughing
emax
DevionRX

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem as bucketlover, I must be doing something wrong I have tried all the pins in the socket earthed and they either return nothing or a constant output! I have tried it with ignition off then to on, or ignition off then start the car all to the same results.

Could it be because my analogue multimeter only has dc setting of 10v or 50v (etc)?

The ABS light is always on, I do know one of the faults being the drivers side hub is from a non abs car! However I want to see what other faults there could be just in case its more than just the hub.

My port looks just like the picture of emax except its black and without the numbers but looking at the actual pins it looks very similar. It has 2 earths in the middle of the left bank.

Any help would be appreciated Smile

The car is a 96 Shogun SWB
bucketlover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fault codes are = 15 21 22 23 24 27 Shocked  Shocked
ECU failier?
And the pin that I used to get the codes was no.8
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello  Very Happy

Drx
I would have thought that if your multi meter setting was 50v it would read ok, just at the lower end of the scale Question but i am not certain about that, as my electric knowledge is poor. perhaps someone with a better understanding would advise you on that. You mention fuses in your earlier posts. I think the yellow 60 Amp one powers at least some of the ABS system.  I remember another member found that this fuse was blown, however he did not find that out until he removed it as it was not apparent looking at it in situ, maybe worth checking that more thoroughly Question  You also mention that your abs unit maybe different this is a pic of the unit that is fitted to  a 94 pajero.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/emaxmax/PICT0873.jpg

BL
Blimey! you got the jackpot there Laughing as you can see by DPRUK's list   21, 22, 23,  24 are wheel sensor faults and 15 is more or less the same (faulty wheel speed sensor output).
27 appears as a problem on the rear differental lock circuit on the list that i have. Question if you don't have rear diff locking, the check fuse number 18 in the main fuse block.

I think it is unlikely that all your wheels speed sensors have gone down at the same time so i suspect you have a wiring problem or as you say an ECU problem. I would check all the wiring first, this post that covers most of that,

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100347&highlight=

If that does not work, if you can lay your hands on a working ECU it may be best to replace that.   The ABS ECU lives over the O/S rear wheel inside the car.  You have to remove the trim to get to it.

See you when the headache has gone Laughing
emax
DevionRX

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emax,

My abs unit is indeed very different its made by "Nippon ABS LTD" a cube with all the pipes not the cylinder affair in the picture you posted. I have been doing some reading and it appears I may need to remove the valve relay before they will display, If so I havent removed it and I guess I will have to find it (I think it maybe next to my abs unit as theres like a little black fuse box)

I will have a look at the yellow 60amp fuse aswell, Could be whats preventing the errors coming through.

Thank you for helping having to debug a debugger is rather amusing Smile

-Adam
lampymat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 14:01    Post subject: error code 32 Pajero 2.8 1994 Reply with quote

Excellent string !!!
Followed all your instructions and got a code 32 (G-sensor) I tried re-seating the connector on that and reset the system by disconnecting the battery . Code went away but on a test drive the ABS light came back on and the same code returned.

So what next ? A replacement G-sensor seems to cost about £100 and I don't want to buy one if thats not the problem !

I want to check where that plugs into the control unit but I can't find it. Does anyone have any pictures or helpful advice ?
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello lM Very Happy
Welcome to the club Cool

I got my g sensor from mitzybitz, from memory it was £35.00. Or you could put ad in  wanted section of the club or try Fee bay for someone who is breaking a vehicle. Shop around and you will get one cheap.  I put an ad on one of those online parts finders Laughing  Laughing , one fool wanted £200 Shocked  

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96157

I would imagine that the g sensor is connected to the ABS ECU which is located on top of the offside rear wing (inside the car under the trim).  

See you  for more testing times Laughing
emax
bascule

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I only had digital multimeter available, no use at all!

Asked at work, same story, digital throughout..

So..

Here is the all new, patent, Pajero Diagnostics Computer:

and here it is in use:  (note that I needed to use pin 1 in the top left of the port) (94 2.8 LWB)

It works perfectly!   Long pulses for the tens, short pulses for the units, just as described.

So anyway, Codes I got were 15, 21 and 32.

21 seems obvious, replace the front right wheel sensor.

however, the other two, G sensor output voltage etc, does that mean I'm looking at a new G sensor too?

Please could I have some guidance on a good source for both?  (I'm not far from fils Pajeros in totton, so may try there, but theyre not cheap..)

Thanks all
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello basc Very Happy

Well done on the new diagnostics kit Cool I like it. Looks more reliable than microsoft.

The front wheel sensors are very difficult to remove in one piece, but if you are very patient it can be done.  The wheel sensors are also very expensive to buy new. If you can find one in a scrappers it is worth taking the time to remove them. I would try cleaning them first, may just be some dirt stuck on the end. Also check the wires and plugs.

Try fee bay for the g sensor there is always someone breaking a paj on there or put a wanted in the club classifieds Idea

good luck on the quest

see you at the re-test Laughing
emax
Raed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 21:58    Post subject: Same problem... Reply with quote

Hello mister emax and everyone on the coolest forum, same problem with me lighting ABS and so Japanese Drifting on snow Smile , my mechanic says it is the G-sensor , and he remove it and told me to find a replacement , my question to emax , did you mean to connect the voltmeter one end to the diagnostic plug and the other to ground to read codes ?? if so the plug has many teeth , to which one ?? please explain a little if you dont mind about this voltmeter method , also for the removed sensor , it looks shiny , i took the top screws and inspect the board it looks well , when i tried to took the side screws of it , an oily fluid spilled a little and found out that it was filled with this fluid which surprised me really....so is there a way to fix it maybe or something in order not to be "screwed" by spare parts monsters Razz ?? my truck is 93 sport pajero .
thanks a lot friends .
Raed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry for that my last question looks dump because before i post i didnt look into the above pictures of the brand new Mitsubishi Motors Sophisticated computer diagnostic system Smile , its clear to me now i should give it a try....but still want to read a comment from emax and others about my problem....my diagnostic plug is different from this, it has only 3 teeth, also the codes taken from this method do apply to other problems or just ABS issues? ...thanks again.
ed740i

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 15:26    Post subject: 2002 pajero lwb 3.2 did abs Reply with quote

Hi everyone and greetings from the land of fire and ice Smile
im new here because i have lots of fault codes showing when i connect the pin 1 to pin 4 on the abs light.
just wondered if anyone can point me to a list of abs fault codes for this car ??

also i have lots of knowledge of cars from being a mech for 20 years and have been recently getting into obd and obd 2 p.c sowfware.
can anybody recomend good software to use with mitsubishi ? ive searched for an mut iso but cant seem to find 1 ??
is there anything else that works well ?

thank you very much
craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: