Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2Gether Breakdown cover

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 13:46    Post subject: 2Gether Breakdown cover Reply with quote

Hiya guy's I have been looking at the  breakdown cover offered by 2Gether, via Europ Assist, does anyone know what exactly this covers ? on my Insurance quote from them it says the cost is £55, which apparently includes Roadside assistance and recovery, and a courtesy car if needed etc, all this seems a bit cheap to me so I called 2Gether and they told me that what I have said above is correct  Shocked anybody got any input on this  Question  Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 13:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had there breakdown cover as well. Like you, I never actually found out exactly what I was covered for. It all depended on who you talked to at 2gfs on what your cover consisted of.  Rolling Eyes   Wink
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
I had there breakdown cover as well. Like you, I never actually found out exactly what I was covered for. It all depended on who you talked to at 2gfs on what your cover consisted of.  Rolling Eyes   Wink

Emmmmmmmm Worrying Rolling Eyes   Rolling Eyes
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

netsniper wrote:

Not really Colin!

We have our European breakdown cover through 2GFS ...

All the details were fully explained on the 'phone prior to purchase and, more to the point, the information pack that came had ALL the info you could ever want!

One thing though - I do need to update the details on our website - IIRC, 2GFS are now providing this cover in a deal with the RAC Wink

There's nothing worrying about it at all matey Rolling Eyes

Simon thumbright
Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I ever received from them was a leaflet and a card with the assistance telephone number on. Maybe I missed out on the pack  Confused

Aside from this, they do give excellent service and I would recommend them to anyone  Cool  Wink
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
netsniper wrote:

Not really Colin!

We have our European breakdown cover through 2GFS ...

All the details were fully explained on the 'phone prior to purchase and, more to the point, the information pack that came had ALL the info you could ever want!

One thing though - I do need to update the details on our website - IIRC, 2GFS are now providing this cover in a deal with the RAC Wink

There's nothing worrying about it at all matey Rolling Eyes

Simon thumbright

So in effect I will get Roadside recovery and Relay for the £55 quoted   Very Happy
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

netsniper wrote:
... So in effect I will get Roadside recovery and Relay for the £55 quoted   Very Happy

I have nothing to do with 2GFS sales Colin, but if they've confirmed that price, then yes - that's what you get Smile

Simon thumbright
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

that reminds me i took out my breakdown cover out with 2gfs this time last year and i have moved house since and lost all the paperwork Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
and telephone numbers Embarassed  Embarassed
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took out the additional breakdown cover out yesterday at 2 pm with 2Gether and received the docs today at 10 am  Very Happy   cost me £55   Very Happy  but I'm not too sure if it's that good? if says I have Relay cover too but if I needed to use it they will only recover me to a distance of 10 miles then I have to pay additional mileage? all this is in the small print  Shocked  so apart from roadside repairs, I'm not too sure that this is good value  Rolling Eyes  compared to the other breakdown company's I will have to have a look  Very Happy  I'm sure I didn't pay much more that this think it was about £85.00 for roadside recovery with the AA without any UK distance limitations ?
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guy's I have looked at the policy in depth and TBH I still can't get my head round it  Embarassed  I called 2Gether and spoke to Julian who then called ALPs the Breakdown people, who told him that I was covered for Relay if the vehicle can not be repaired they would take it to a  destination of my choice ? regardless of distance and that the Terms and conditions I have are the standard ones that also apply to a lesser cover? so can anyone tell me if they have taken out Breakdown cover with 2Gether and if so can they interpret the Terms and conditions for me as I just don't know from reading it, what I am getting ????
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

netsniper wrote:
... so can anyone tell me if they have taken out Breakdown cover with 2Gether and if so can they interpret the Terms and conditions for me as I just don't know from reading it, what I am getting ????

Colin,

if you're really not sure, contact 2GFS again and ask them to clarify any issues you feel you may have scratch

As the retailers of the policies, they HAVE to be the ones who understand the wording on the documentation - anybody else will only be able to provide their 'interpretation' of the wording Wink

Simon thumbright

ps - you're right - you did originally post this question about breakdown cover in the wrong place - the 'insurance' section is for insurance related stuff Cool
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH Simon I have spoken to Julian who really didn't know  anything about  the bit I pointed out to him regarding  the 10 mile limit, I was on the phone to him for quite some time while he was asking others in the office to clarify it for me, but no one seemed to know  Rolling Eyes  which is why he then called ALP's and then called me back ? and explained that he had spoken to the manager there and he explained as I have written above, Just had a call from another member of the 2Gether team who is as confused as I am he is now ringing them to get a definitive answer, I put a scenario to him what would happen in the event that my Gearbox died and he said he didn't think that they would take it home for me, so I will now wait for him to get back to me in 5 mins he said and will report his findings here
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok had the call back as promised and this how it works for those of you who don't know, if you were to break down anywhere in the UK and they could not repair it they would then take it to the nearest garage to get it fixed usually on the same day, if it's not within a reasonable time or the paj has got serious problem they will then take it to a garage of your choice or to your home. that's what I was told today, by Barney from 2Gether
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

netsniper wrote:
Ok had the call back as promised and this how it works for those of you who don't know, if you were to break down anywhere in the UK and they could not repair it they would then take it to the nearest garage to get it fixed usually on the same day, if it's not within a reasonable time or the paj has got serious problem they will then take it to a garage of your choice or to your home. that's what I was told today, by Barney from 2Gether

So ... basically ... while there seems to be a 'standard' set of details that go out, POCUK members taking out the same policy have nothing to worry about?

Glad to hear you've got full clarification Colin - and that, (as usual), 2GFS appear to have bent over backwards to help to get the answer to your queries thumbright

Simon Cool
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say they bent over backwards for me  Shocked but for the company Alps that they deal with Rolling Eyes and also to increase their own knowledge Rolling Eyes  it seems that their paperwork is not very clear even to the staff at 2GFS who needed clarification for themselves, unlike the RAC and others you know what your getting before you even pay and you are able to see all the small print first and then you can make up you own mind based on that, but with 2GFS it's a phone call and someone on the other end telling you what their interpretation is, which may or may not be right, and once you have passed over your card details and paid it's then a bit late although you can change your mind within a given time but there is a £25.00 charge for admin, so I was told today by Julian who at first claimed that cancellation even within 24 hrs I wouldn't get any money back  Shocked overall I think they are ok, but I do think that some staff training would go a long way, and more importantly knowledge of the products they sell, which would be far less frustrating for their customers, I am one of these people who want to pick up the phone and get it done !! as I am sure there are others who are  the same, after all who want's to spend time on the phone telling who ever answers the same thing you have already told another 2 or 3 people  Shocked anyway I now have the cover I wanted without having to worry I hope  Very Happy

PoCUK wrote:
netsniper wrote:

So ... basically ... while there seems to be a 'standard' set of details that go out, POCUK members taking out the same policy have nothing to worry about?

Glad to hear you've got full clarification Colin - and that, (as usual), 2GFS appear to have bent over backwards to help to get the answer to your queries thumbright

Simon Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: