Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

MPG - for Newbies

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve andrews

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 20:36    Post subject: what sort of mpg should I get from my 2.8? Reply with quote

hi everyone i;am new to this can anyone tell me what kind of mpg i should be getting out of my 95 pajero 2.8 auto.i dont drive it hard just poodle along i think it;s doing about 15 to the gallon is that about right.

thanks

steve Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 20:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mungodog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's lots on here about fuel consumption, but 15 sounds low. Most average around 22-25 mpg. Has it had a good service since you've had it?
barriesheene

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve  Cool  15 is abit low, but if your only doing short pootling about journeys and with the cold weather it's not a surprise  Crying or Very sad  sorry. They have got abit of a drink problem  Shocked
steve andrews

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

th Confused anks for reply just had good service and new turbo. i think i will look in direction of egr valve and see if fuel pump can be turned down a bit
fastnige
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: the black country, netherton,dudley , west midlands

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi steve a good proper service normally does the trick mate  Wink
froggykackypops

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

been reading about mpg on the 2.8 and been wondering how come some say they are getting 30 mpg and others only getting about 20 that is a huge diff in mpg, mine is doing around 20 to 21 so what could be done to mine to get as high as 30 mpg.
i know it does depend where you drive and how you drive but im not someone who is foot flat all the time and do try to keep revs under 2.5.
i love my truck just think if i could get as much as 30 mpg i may divorce the wife and marry my truck lol.
froggy
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggykackypops wrote:
been reading about mpg on the 2.8 and been wondering how come some say they are getting 30 mpg and others only getting about 20 that is a huge diff in mpg, mine is doing around 20 to 21 so what could be done to mine to get as high as 30 mpg.
i know it does depend where you drive and how you drive but im not someone who is foot flat all the time and do try to keep revs under 2.5.
i love my truck just think if i could get as much as 30 mpg i may divorce the wife and marry my truck lol.
froggy

Down to how you drive them and how the fuel pump is set up?  lean mix better mpg less performance, richer mix lower mpg and more performance!  I have concidered having a fidle with mine and have decided against it as the conciquences of getting it wrong don't apeal to me, so for now I shall just keep pooring in the fuel. There is also the issue of some people not working out thier mpg very acuratly in the first place, I have been careful keeping records for the last 12 months or so and think I have it right  some will check results once and quote that.

you might get higher mpg by traveling at 50mph for 200 miles? bit boring though.....

regards

Mark
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so this is a reserected post. Had a fiddle with my pump. Didnt like the gains/losses, better consumption? Yes. Performance? Carp and that only half a turn of the screw so put it back as near as poss.
froggykackypops

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to mess with mine at all just in case i end up doing it wrong, i shall also keep pouring in the fuel.
REVOGEL my pajero is exactly the same as yours, when the weather changes i shall take a pic and find out how to put it on my profile.
froggy
mph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggykackypops wrote:
I am not going to mess with mine at all just in case i end up doing it wrong, i shall also keep pouring in the fuel.
REVOGEL my pajero is exactly the same as yours, when the weather changes i shall take a pic and find out how to put it on my profile.
froggy

like me if your confidence is low leave it alone, better it works than it don't!

end of the day it's only £'s of fuel but at least its working.....   the grin factor more than makes up for it don't you think?

Mark
JINJER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the 2.8 diesel auto,new to this pajero game so wondered,if  I drive my pajero in 4 wheel drive rather than 2 how will it affect my consumption,it's obviously gonna be lower but approximately how much,i'm currently getting about 23 mpg at the moment.
Thanks.
The Lewis Mob

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jinjer,

no problem driving in standard 4wd on the roads if you want to, especially at the moment with all the muck on the roads, consumption will be slightly lower, but if you are getting around 23mpg, then thats not bad as an average to be honest mate!
Obviously do not drive with the centre diff lock engaged or in low ratio or you will smash the front differential to bits Laughing

Cheers

Paul
JINJER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate,read all the bumf on pajero's and got that bit sussed regardin lock.My 23 to the gallon is tootling around town too so not too bad,just need the price of diesel to plummet now,£103.9 round here today.
creekmoorchris
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the full service ...... 18mpg, after the service (and I put a couple of magents on the fuel line as well) now get 25mpg overall.  really happy with the car, good thing really as its the 3rd Paj that I have had.
creekmoorchris
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall 24mpg over the last 6 tank fulls.  But as said before, you dont by any 4 x 4 for the economy (but you do buy a Landrover if you ahve a greats ense of humour!!!!).

Pajeros rule the roost! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: