Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

MPG - for Newbies

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve andrews

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:11    Post subject: mpg Reply with quote

what do you mean when you say magnets on fuel line mate Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

creekmoorchris
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 22:06    Post subject: Re: mpg Reply with quote

steve andrews wrote:
what do you mean when you say magnets on fuel line mate Question
 I found somewhere, fleabay I think, some magnets that go onto the fuel line.  Does something to the fuel as it passes by.  

A load of rollocks I thought, but then looked into magnet therapy and now have magnetic insoles in my shoes ..... they seem to help me ache less.  It may be in my mind but who knows .... then I read somewhere that horses have magnetic collars, as do some dogs, and they seem to respond to them in good ways, and you cant tell them "these magnets cost loads and they will make you feel better".  Well you could but you may have a one way ticket to the local funny farm!

So I tried the fuel magnets, there are lots of places that sell them, just look under performance I think.  It may indeed be a load of rubbish, but my 2.8 Paj seems to like the rubbish .... and I have told him that the magets are there and he does seem to respond to them ..... or is it all in my mind?

Who knows, and more to the point who cares?

Just drive a Pajero with a smile on your face!
Roger Chatfield

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took mine for a blast up to Bristol a few days back, managed 20 mpg but I was doing 80 most of the way, is that normal??

Rog.
Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 0:20    Post subject: Re: mpg Reply with quote

creekmoorchris wrote:
or is it all in my mind?

afraid so mate  Laughing Wink
creekmoorchris
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 60 - 65mph and you should get 24 - 26 ish.  Of course serviced well as well!  But as I said earlier, if you ahve a smile on your face ..... who cares!
evo2lady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a paji 2.8auto '95 and it ranges from 21-27 mpg I am glad the diesel is alittle lower than it was when I bought the paj back in July (being well over a quid 25 a litre) and now its like .95 a litre it all helps.

Make sure you dont have your paji in PWR mode lol! I have a good mind to tow a tanker behind me when in that mode(which is hardly ever)
mazer34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

creekmoorchris wrote:
Try 60 - 65mph and you should get 24 - 26 ish.  Of course serviced well as well!  But as I said earlier, if you ahve a smile on your face ..... who cares!

OMG and heres me thinking I was going fast doing 50mph !  Laughing
ozzy123

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Chatfield wrote:
Took mine for a blast up to Bristol a few days back, managed 20 mpg but I was doing 80 most of the way, is that normal??

Rog.

Dunno mate, spose it's quite normal, lots of people drive at about 80 on motorways these days Laughing  Laughing

20mpg at 80 is quite normal too. I try to keep mine below 70 if I can, makes a big difference on a run

Mine ranges from 19-20 around town (which is most of the time) & 25-27 on a run not towing (not very often at all) & 22-23 towing on the motorway
dive3

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst mpg so far was 8, towing a heavy trailer and with three passengers.  Embarassed
Two weeks later, after a full service and the replacement of a sticking front caliper, I managed 32.5mg (36 litres for a 260 mile trip) by trundling along the motorway on a long trip at a constant 55.  

dive3
barriesheene

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they will do 70 but cost you double per trip ! stick to 60 , relax, and make the journey the best part of the trip ! lol
El Ricko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tend to drive mine hard....... have the turbo wound up to 1 bar and the fuelings set a bit rich along with a totaly removed egr system

I did Bromsgrove to Ledbury and back on sat and was doing 85-95 most of way and managed 20mpg (mesured by converting kms to miles and  briming the tank before and after to get exact litres used)
El Ricko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totaly removed the egr system and have the maifold's covered by 8mm stainless steel plates, that sorted the sluggish pickup and exaggerated turbo lag.

I unbolted the wastegate actuator from the turbo casing and inserted 2 x 2.5mm washers ( on under each mounting lug) this upped my boost from .6 kg/cm2 to 9.5 kg/cm2  ( have ralliart gauges pumbed in now Smile )

Popped down to my mates mot station and increased my fueling to about 2.8 parts per million ( best balance is somewhere 2.5 and 2.8 ppm in my book) ( under the limit of 3.0)

this has improved my paj to a beast that can scare small lads in their saxo's and has power to overtake on hills.

My temp gauge never goes over 1/2 even after a hard motorway run

I have removed the silly viscous fan and replaced it with a HD 15" thermostaticly controlled pacet electric kit ( intended for a stag)

But before you start altering things get your radiator tested for presure and pressence of combustion gas's, then fit a boost gauge
davembp

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last fill on mine returned a grim 12.5mpg, but to be fair that was on very short runs to work and back approx 3/4 mile
each way and in the cold of winter I wouldn't expect much moor,previous motor (KIA sedona auto 04) was getting as low
as 9 YES 9mpg for same drives to work, but on a steady run to my bro in Clacton I get 29mpg and 22-23 general running
around as long as NOT very short runs. when engine, auto box diffs up to temp its better! have towed to Cornwall n back
and averaged 19mpg over all! over all average is about 21mpg.
El Ricko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave, recon yours will be marginaly better than mine as at '96 you should have the more efficient electronic pump??
davembp

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iain  mine is an 02/96 and not the later inj pump, she goes well too with egr also taken off and blank plates fitted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: