QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

L200 Any Pitfalls ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> L200 discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10    Post subject: L200 Any Pitfalls ? Reply with quote

Right folks needs must, ive got to change motors but im sticking with Mitsi and going for an L200, im looking to get one approx 54 plate anyone had or got any experience with these, whats the difference in the Warrior and Animal apart from stickers, which is the better model the Warrior i guess ?
Being UK motors what insurance group are they, gotta be better than my Exceed import  Shocked
Fuel consumption ... what sort of MPG can i expect driven conservatively, any other niggles to look out for ?
All the ones ive seen tend to be 2.5s which is the 4D56 yes ? so im guessing the performance is pretty similar to the 2.5 paj  dontknow

Any advice/pointers at all really would be great and appreciated  Wink

Regards Gaz.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

buffalos neph
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright gaz ive had my l200 for 3 years now and i still love it just been torquay 400 mile on £65 of diesel that was sat at 70 going down
and driven  like a saint there a bit low geared is one of there pitfall the performance is a lot better then a paj there fly by wire on the new one
mines got the performance upgrade so it does pick its feet up good about them is u know that 4d56t engine by the back of your hand now gaz
need any advice u got my number m8 Laughing
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey yeah id forgot you had one Matt, nice one will keep you in mind mate.
Yeah the 4D56 is one of the things that has drawn me to them along with that the versatility.
I just need a truck to suit my needs and i think the L200 is the answer  Wink
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep shopping and the kids will get wet Gazz.................I've a hankering for a 3.5 L200 they do do 'em .but finding one is the problem  Sad
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i were going 3.5 Nick i would keep the truck i have now, im having to juggle, things have changed here big style with work,the Paj is going to be replaced with a Peugeot 206 diesel for work ... commuting and the L200 is for me  Laughing
I guess they are both for me then  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

Its took alot of thought but the figures work out, too late now the Gaz plate is on retention  Sad  its gonna be a very sad day indeed  Sad

Shes been for her final photo shoot today  Wink
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz same advice as you would give anyone after a paj  try loads   some of them are really carp

we have 1 at work and it handles like a jelly its gutless and uncomfortable on long journeys  BUT its on an 05 plate and has been abused  by loads of different drivers  its a hand me down from another arm of our group   personally its my only experience with them and i hate driving it  Crying or Very sad
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

The driving position is totally different Gaz, not as good as a Paj mate.
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

leebeelee123 wrote:
The driving position is totally different Gaz, not as good as a Paj mate.

I can live with that Lee, its not going to be a full time car, the Pug will be the commuter, the truck will be the doss motor, dragging vans here and there, chuck the motocross in the back, general dogs body vehicle with the added bit of bling ... can ya see where its gooin mate  Wink  Laughing

I toyed with the idea of another Paj, ive had most Mks now and to have another would feel like going backwards to be honest ... Challenger Shogun Sport ? i dunno, i just cor get to grips with them at all, for me at the minute without being a traitor its got to be an L200 .. its ticking all the boxes i require at the minute and ive got 5 weeks to find one or no Skeggy for me  Shocked  Laughing

The van just aint gonna feel right on the back of a Pug 206 and i aint even got one of them yet, this is a big gamble .. but terrific fun  Laughing  Laughing

The things you do to keep a job  Wink
petelgv1

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be allright with an L200 mate. we had one as a works truck. It pulled like a train.
 The rear seats are very uncomfortable due to it being a p-up with stiff suspension.
My mate has one and he get's a similar mpg to my 2.5 Paj.
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gazz, All the uk spec L200's are 2.5 4D56 engines, MPG is between 25 - 30 mpg, the Animal model has a power upgrade as standard, main faults with them are overboost and turbo issues, VGT soleniods, yes - they do crack heads like all 4D56's and broken leaf springs.
There serviced every 9,000 miles and you should use Castrol SLX oil, cambelt changed every 54,000.
There are recalls for power steering brackets and dim dip relays to be replaced, if its a UK spec model, you can PM me the reg and chassis numbers and I can check these for you in work.
Anything you need to know mate, you know where I am. Wink
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

waynec wrote:
Hi Gazz, All the uk spec L200's are 2.5 4D56 engines, MPG is between 25 - 30 mpg, the Animal model has a power upgrade as standard, main faults with them are overboost and turbo issues, VGT soleniods, yes - they do crack heads like all 4D56's and broken leaf springs.
There serviced every 9,000 miles and you should use Castrol SLX oil, cambelt changed every 54,000.
There are recalls for power steering brackets and dim dip relays to be replaced, if its a UK spec model, you can PM me the reg and chassis numbers and I can check these for you in work.
Anything you need to know mate, you know where I am. Wink

Thanks Wayne ... Apreciated mate  Wink
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have L200s got torsion bars ?
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAZZ1ZZ wrote:
Have L200s got torsion bars ?

Hi Gazz, Yes they do - on the front, leaf springs on the rear...........
V624V

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handy thread, thanks, was wondering exactly the same..

Had 5 Shoguns, currently driving 98 V8 Disco ES

Is the L200 Animal/Warrior Part time 4x4 or Super Select?

M
GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here we are folks nearly 3 months on after i posted this and ive had one now for a couple of weeks, 2004 Warrior in Silver and it has to be said, its poo, i hate it, everything about it  Laughing
I can turn my artic around in a smaller circle than this boat  Laughing the seating as Lee said is way off the Pajero quality,the seats at Bilson bus station are better quality  Laughing , the suspension .. well forget it, couple that up with the seats and its horendous, when you shut the doors it sounds really feeble, tinny, infact the whole of the car appears poor quality in my opinion.
Handling is terrible, it definately dont like going aroung wet corners with power on, and ive yet to get in a parking spot at Tescos without taking 2 shunts  Laughing
I cannot believe they fetch the money they do.
To eliminate whether i have bought a poo one, im going to go and test drive a few more on Ebay just to see if they are all the same, yeah i know i should have done that first  Laughing im even gonna see what the new ones are like cos if this earlier model is anything to go by then sorry Mitsubishi i will find a truck that is worthy of my dollar.
Can anyone add to this ?
Really dissapointed to be honest ... but hey i was warned
Just feel i need to express this to any potential buyers of L200s who are currently running Pajeros ...go and try one first i think you will be very dissapointed indeed .

Oh yeah ... i forget to mention the extra £200 insurance ive gotta pay because its a COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ... is it  Laughing Well *beep* me  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> L200 discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: