Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

new to caravans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legoearth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 19:47    Post subject: new to caravans Reply with quote

hi, looking into buying a very cheap four berth caravan.Seen a few around .I know cosmetically they will not be wonderful but what else should I look out for. Never had a caravan before but need a holiday before the kids go back and really fancy ythe idea. IF we ever get the brake problem on the paj sorted in time!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 19:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

just basically make sure there is no damp or leaks...and the chassis is solid Wink
legoearth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. Hope we don't make a big mistake! Keep getting outbid on fleabay. Can you recomend anywhere else to look.This big idea has only just come to mind!
DawnH
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried your local freeads paper???...they sometimes have some bargains Wink
Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said,your local papers.

Arrange to view, arrive with prior knowledge of problems/servicing costs and haggle away. Get a number plate made up so you can remove the 'van there and then  Wink
Lenny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:21    Post subject: Re: new to caravans Reply with quote

legoearth wrote:
hi, looking into buying a very cheap four berth caravan.Seen a few around .I know cosmetically they will not be wonderful but what else should I look out for. Never had a caravan before but need a holiday before the kids go back and really fancy ythe idea. IF we ever get the brake problem on the paj sorted in time!!

Go to a dealer.

The caravan year starts in September, so all new models are out then, so there is a lot of px's going round.

Dealers usually have lots of cheaper vans sitting round and a damp test is worth its weight in gold. Damp kills caravans.

Also you can do a deal for items you will need from their shop.
legoearth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! if anybody knows of one in westmidlands area let me know!
lunar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other advantage in buying from a dealer is that warranty thingy. Try to get them 3 months more than they offer. My comment is probaly too late anyway - so what did you buy and how did you get on ????
chris_k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 16:36    Post subject: caravan Reply with quote

I got mine off the autotrader caravan section. You can search online either nationally or within mileage of your home. Usually have pictures and can filter between dealer and private. The advantage of private is that you are more likely to get the add ons; awning, cables, water containers, etc etc. These simple things to buy can easily set you back £500 straight off.
Again damp is your killer.
You also need to be sure of the layout you are after. I wanted a separate bathroom and shower. This helps narrow your search too.
Good luck. Once you get your caravan you'll love it
jonnybobs
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a spare for sale.... But it's a 2 berth......

Like Dawn said, dampness..... BIG ISSUE on caravans. Its like rust on a car... Its cancer!....

Spend time looking, the bargains are out thre now..........

I worked as a 2nd job (as I work in a school) furing the summer hols at a caravan dealer.... WE HAD NO STOCK.... we'd sold every carvan we had! We took in stupid Px's JUST so we had stock to present, never mind sell.......

New vans come out in Sept and this means that the old ones are going to be sold cheap. Even more so as its near christmas as peeps want money!!

PS -- The one I have for sale, I gave to my in-laws who are giving it all up.....!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: