Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

aircon pump removal 2.8 incuding pics (i hope)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 23:03    Post subject: aircon pump removal 2.8 incuding pics (i hope) Reply with quote

right then this is how i did it ....

NOTE IMPORTANT  aircon gas is very hazzardus and sould be removed before atemting any work on the system consult an expert or use search for "aircon and degas"

to start the tools you will need are
a set of sockets including 14mm 13mm 10mm spanners the same(i used racket type spanners a lot easyer with limited space) and a pair of plires

start by removing the batteries (both or at least diconect the other 1) using a 10mm spanner

and then the water resivior which just pulls out upwards (it may be tight so a little wiggling could help), then without the battery in(not as the pic)loosen the bolts holding the tray in (14mm i think) there are 4 on the inner wing 1 of which is accessed with an extntion bar by sliding it under the fuse box (there is no need to remove the fuse box) and then there are 3 more bolts 2 under the battery cover onto the inner wheel arch, the other is on the engine side of the tray on a suppot bar (it is usfull to remove the support bar to give better access) at this pint there are several wires, pipes cliped to the tray along with the window washer bottle (2 10mm nuts) so be sure its all free before you remove the tray (i used plires to squeese and pust the plasic clips out

after every thing is out the way you can get at the pump but the first thing is to remove the belt (if its still there) undo the locking bolt on the front of the ajuster pully (note it is very tight to get at i cut a 14mm socket in half and used that carfully your very close to the rad at this point) then wind down the ajuster bolt to slacken off the belt a bit of wd40 the night before cant hurt

after that tackle the aircon pipes first, again to increace access there very simple just heln in place by 2 bolts 1 on each (10mm spanner or socket here ) once the bolts are out a bit more wiggling and there off (carfully there could still be gas in there) ,just move them out the way

RIGHT onto the main event pump removal you will see 4 bolts 2 on the top 2 on the bottom do the bottom bolts first there the most dificult there so close to the chassie and a main earth wire access is very dificult this is where rachet spanners help loads once there loose wipp out by hand (they mat not come all the way out just make sure there not still theaded in)

once thats done the top bolts are easy a socket can be used here after its free just lift out taking care not to drop or bang anything on the way out it sempt easyer to lift forward and up (as long as the support bar for the batery tray is removed)

i hope this makes sense its the first time i have ever atempted to post anything like this (including the pics) please forgive the grammer and spelling hope it helps a few people thanks javan Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 23:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbright  notworthy  notworthy

Excellent fella  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
javan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks nick took me ages  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
subzero

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

spot on that man  Very Happy
motoxer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats good to know,  think im going  to get min out cos the pully feels to loose when i fitted new belt? Confused
javan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine started grummbling before it went but the pully feels nice and tight on the new one
fireman sam

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one,mine has just gone tits up and needs replacing,was going to get it done at a garage but with the help of the pics i feel confident to be able to do it myself,i suppose you just drive it to the nearest air con shop and get it topped up with gas after?.
again

[b] FANTASTIC WELL DONE Laughing
javan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is really easy just take ya time and think about it before you do it its alot more simple than you think Wink
Tony9r

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

javan wrote:
it is really easy just take ya time and think about it before you do it its alot more simple than you think Wink

That's a spot on description Wink
I semi took mine out last Friday, kept the hoses on as not to loose the gas. The pully on mine was wobbling like a good'un when the pump engaged, so thought the bearing had gone. Turned out that the pully had been "bashed" at some stage, which in turn broke the retaining circlip in half causing the bearing to move freely on the shaft... resulting in a worn out shaft with the bearing "clanking" around willy-nilly!!! Sad

Will be fitting a 2nd hand pump soon Laughing
Tony9r

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I fitted a used pump, and had some leaky O rings replaced and all is fine!
Just one thing, the condenser fan isn't working Sad
Anybody got a spare one they want to sell?
pajero fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 18:56    Post subject: air con pump replacement Reply with quote

i take my hat off to that man for taking the time to take the photos to help others see and understand what they are attempting to do ...with help like this i think we could all understand and repair any problem lying ahead WELL DONE M8 i think we should all appreciate this

ta pajero fan Wink  Very Happy
traficman

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 15:09    Post subject: air con low pressure connector Reply with quote

Hello
Can you tell me the location of the low pressure connector on 1994 import 2.8 pajero
thanks in advance Laughing
alan9362

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its behind the rubber skirts in the front nearside wheel arch, turn your wheels on full lock to the left and then look behind the rubber skirt thats between the wheel arch and the engine bay and it should be attached to the piping leading to the pump..... HTH
kevkoi

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:37    Post subject: air con pump for Evo 3.5 v6 petrol Reply with quote

Is the process the same for the Evo and is it the same model
pump
Pajasho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint walk through mate, proper helped me get rid of the useless extra weight 👌🏻
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: