2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What equipment do you guys use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 0:54    Post subject: What equipment do you guys use? Reply with quote

...when off-roading. Just out of interest really. Some of you may have some unusual but useful items

I carry everything with me seen as I don't know when the next lane will apear Very Happy

Wellies
Traction mats
2 bottle jacks
Square slab of wood (mainly for the jacks in mud)
Torch
Chains
Manual portable winch
Compact spade
Car ramp extensions (for lowered cars but they could come in handy to bridge a rut)
A blanket (for when all else fails)  Laughing

I am pretty resourceful so I don't think I need anything else to free me if I get stuck.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 0:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13    Post subject: Re: What equipment do you guys use? Reply with quote

Rob546454 wrote:
...when off-roading. Just out of interest really. Some of you may have some unusual but useful items

I carry everything with me seen as I don't know when the next lane will apear Very Happy

Wellies
Traction mats
2 bottle jacks
Torch
Chains
Manual portable winch
Compact spade
Car ramp extensions (for lowered cars but they could come in handy to bridge a rut)

I am pretty resourceful so I don't think I need anything else to free me if I get stuck.

hmmm

35s STT boots
Rear locker
12,000lb winch
T-max winch blanket
At least 10 shackles from 3.25t to 8t
At least 4 strops(have more just no need in boot)
Tree strop with hook
2x snatch blocks,8t and 12t
1/2 and 3/8th racthet sets
Ratchet spanners
Lots of other tools,adj spanner, pliers,elec wires,wheel wrench..........u get the idea
Dont get me on to torches Laughing  Laughing n0b ed torch,1600lm torch,2 lenser torches,2 x orig mitsi torches Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed (many more)
Inverter
2xled front/rear flood lights
2x led spots
Fire extinguisher
Towel
Sheet/blanket(lie on under in case)
Umbrella x2  Laughing
Leather gloves for handling winch
Baby wipes Shocked cleaning hands at pay n plays Wink
Glass cleaner and kitchen roll Embarassed  Rolling Eyes
Tyre compressor
Full standard mitsi tool kit(worth more on bay than truck) Laughing
Winter gloves
Bobble hat(not a ruddy walkers one Twisted Evil ) head can get cold Wink
Spare boots and a roll of bin liners to put litter n muddy stuff in
Florescent water proof coat
Jump leads
Winch remote
Presume by now its a lwb Laughing
Under all this is a water proof boot cover(have off road mats in truck as have deep sides..........keeps water n mud running off onto carpets,easy to clean)
Bottle jack is under rear seat
There is more tbh,this is off top of head Embarassed
Oh clip on number plate for fair lead
Bungee and small ratchet straps for tying down stuff on crate............like kids Twisted Evil
More will come to me
cb in front is useful along with plasma gauges for volts and water temp(no good in boot though) Laughing
An axe and spade survival kit
First aid kit under pass rear seat compartment
This is controversial but well stored,survival knife for camping(so choose to ignore that)but being honest Rolling Eyes
Pen knife and lockable stanley style knife
Still more but tired Laughing

So prob to add a high lift jack and large spade well secured for back door.

TBH although useful,with big muds and winch and never alone,waffle boards i have not found a need for tbh .Maybe i might get as chris (lfd)offered to cut me some for width of boots for £20......

Well my list is longer than yaws Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Wink

If out else springs to my tired mind i will add Embarassed  Embarassed and yes still lots of room in boot Cool
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked  Shocked did not preview my post Shocked erm why do i get 12-15mpg Laughing  Laughing  Laughing i reckon 45mpg could be a pssibility,think over done it with the p3(lenser torch) Laughing
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Another vehicle" is perhaps the most useful thing to have when away from tarmac roads. Winches, boards and jacks are all well and good, but if something breaks catastrophically (eg fuel line ripped off, water in engine, suspension arm cracked) then you're stumped.

However, I do have a folding spade, carpet tiles (great on ice and mud), couple of 1m planks, wellies, tow strap and shackles, big jump leads, rope and a pruning saw in the boot of the Paj all the time. Torch in the standard tool kit as well as an LED work light in the glove box (because I'm missing the original standard work light from the boot).
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

rich r wrote:
(because I'm missing the original standard work light from the boot).

Gegs is all  Very Happy as torches going for £30  Laughing on bay,mad,but that full tool kit is prob worth a 1/2 decent halfors top box and set of good pro tools Rolling Eyes

Reminds me,also this

Embarassed
Gets tiresome holding a torch in ones teeth Laughing  Laughing

Did i mention i am a torch perv Embarassed  Wink
cal646
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow  Shocked  Shocked venn  your truck must weight some! get to a weight scales if ya can! ive been off roading with as little as its own tool kit torch and jack some screenwash another pod for front dash 3 pairs of the missus flat sole shoe\slipper thingys a bag of munchys, sandwich drink crisps and a packet of fags been out doing all nighters with jacked up discos etc and ive only twice had to get out to move bits of tree, and i put this down to beginers luck Laughing  ive got a winch to fit and get some strops blocks and shackles as no doubt il get stuck afew times before i fit it! some food for thought there i think!
Eshiels

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:59    Post subject: Re: What equipment do you guys use? Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:
Rob546454 wrote:

Wellies
Traction mats
2 bottle jacks
Torch
Chains
Manual portable winch
Compact spade

hmmm

35s STT boots
Rear locker
12,000lb winch
T-max winch blanket
Tree strop with hook
Ratchet spanners
Lots of other tools,adj spanner, pliers,elec wires,wheel wrench..........u get the idea
Dont get me on to torches Laughing  Laughing n0b ed torch,1600lm torch,2 lenser torches,2 x orig mitsi torches Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed (many more)
Inverter
2x led spots
Fire extinguisher
Towel
Umbrella x2  Laughing
Tyre compressor
Winter gloves
Jump leads
Winch remote
Under all this is a water proof boot cover(have off road mats in truck as have deep sides..........keeps water n mud running off onto carpets,easy to clean)
Bungee and small ratchet straps for tying down stuff on crate............like kids Twisted Evil
More will come to me
cb in front is useful along with plasma gauges for volts and water temp(no good in boot though) Laughing
This is controversial but well stored,survival knife for camping(so choose to ignore that)but being honest Rolling Eyes

TBH although useful,with big muds and winch and never alone,waffle boards i have not found a need for tbh .Maybe i might get as chris (lfd)offered to cut me some for width of boots for £20......

If out else springs to my tired mind i will add Embarassed  Embarassed and yes still lots of room in boot Cool

Bloody hell, are your sure you didn't miss anything?? apart from the head torch. It would take me a week just to load that all in  Laughing
Rob546454

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Do you have a habit of forgetting where you live?  Laughing

A couple more things on there I might add though. Got some tarp I could put in to lay on, didn't think of that. I have a SWB shogun so I can't pack my life away. Although I have been off-roading in the Hilux; mid moving house with every possession I own. Including a computer belted up in the front seat  Cool  

As far as lights are concerned, on my Hilux I have two 10" maxtel Spots, some Ring spots housing 75w HID's. 5 Spots on the roof, LED lamps front, Orange LED strips down the sides (good for checking ground clearance when driving in the night) two spots on the rear for reversing/working and blinding nobheads Very Happy
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot naf sat too Laughing and mini binocs Embarassed tbh all in its not that much,when recovered when head went the recovery winch strained and obv knowing the noise etc as used many times a day he asked weight.I said prob 23-2500kg,he said yes can tell of noise so around that,all boot stuff wont add up to too much,winch is a tray so not over heavy,sliders n guards add obv along with 35s,so prob 2- 300kg tops more than a standard lwb as weight varies anyway depending on spec.Saved weight on zaust/cat and air con pump etc too Laughing no weight up top as crate light alloy.Tools etc as lift them out around 20kg and same for winch blanket with snatch and shackles.Guess at 40-50kg in boot,30kg each side on sliders,not sure on winch tray and winch but say 40kg and then tray on top,not as much as a bumper by a fare way.Would say each rim is 10kg heavier over standard,then diff and tank guards..........dont know.If empty or loaded the back end does not seem to move as measured at time and within mms.iirc petrol engines weigh less than dervs too.Snork nothing really,torches 100kg (toms would anyway as largest torch in world)Laughing Full tank would add 100kg i bet too.

So same really as having a fat passenger Laughing .............or 2 Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02    Post subject: Re: What equipment do you guys use? Reply with quote

Eshiels wrote:
venn105 wrote:
Rob546454 wrote:

Wellies
Traction mats
2 bottle jacks
Torch
Chains
Manual portable winch
Compact spade

hmmm

35s STT boots
Rear locker
12,000lb winch
T-max winch blanket
Tree strop with hook
Ratchet spanners
Inverter
2x led spots
Fire extinguisher
Towel
Umbrella x2  Laughing
Tyre compressor
Winter gloves
Jump leads
Winch remote
More will come to me

Bloody hell, are your sure you didn't miss anything?? apart from the head torch. It would take me a week just to load that all in  Laughing

Took over 6yrs  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Green Laning Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: