QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

how to work out if you have r134a or r12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subzero

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 20:48    Post subject: how to work out if you have r134a or r12 Reply with quote

if you have r134a your service ports will look like this

if you have r12 your service points will look like this but will be on the pump they are buy the red and blue dots you can make out a small red and black cap

hope this is of some help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 20:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

brad

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine looks like the first one, is the fitting on the receiver/dryer (covered with a screw cap with H on it)? My compressor won't kick in but the fan's working, a neighbour who does aircon says if there's no gas the clutch will not engage?? Haynes says r12 was 1993 and before.
subzero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep there is ane on the reciver dryer and one on the pump then thats r134a  quick test is to put a live feed to the pump and check it kicks in then your prob just low on gas
SQUIRTS

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya subzero my service ports are on the compressor itself...you said you may have one to replace my faulty one???
if you can help i would greatly appreciate it
regards squirts
truckasaurus

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 20:23    Post subject: Regassing Reply with quote

Even if R12 was used originally it is possible that it has subsequently been regassed with R134, you just need to flush the system, put the correct type of oil in (ester oil?), change the dryer and regas with R134, I did a Silver Shadow some years back with no problem. Flushing the system is a good idea because the dryer breaks up and bits of it end up all round the system!!
chrispajero

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you have one  service point on top of the drier behind the grille that looks like a tyre valve and I can't see the other one, what kind of gas is that, it's a 94 2.5td lwb
subzero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrispajero wrote:
What if you have one  service point on top of the drier behind the grille that looks like a tyre valve and I can't see the other one, what kind of gas is that, it's a 94 2.5td lwb
             the other service point is down on the pump on a 94 its on r 134a
nemesis
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a look for mine..can only see the H on the front (light coloured cap)...i must be blind cos i cant see anything else.  94 LWB 2.8

Should the see glass have any colour in it?....i'm sure it was green at some stage, so i guess mine is empty of gas?
nemesis
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i realised now its r134a...COS IT HAS A BIG GIANT YELLOW STICKER UNDER THE BONNET BY THE INTERCOOLER VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still cant find the L though Embarassed
amberwalker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 16:55    Post subject: R12 air con gas HELP!!!! Reply with quote

Hi , I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I can get my paj re gassed,It's the old gas,I just had to have the matrix replaced and the water pump,subsiquently the chap that was doing it said he had to let the gas out,then realise it was the old type and couldn't do it for me ,now I am stuck without air con,and no idea if I can get it regassed or how much I am looking at,It cost me £100 in second hand parts and £500 labour,then had my Tax to buy on top of that then a service.Over £1000 pounds later in 3 weeks,starting to feel the pinch.Plus the speedo cable snapped as he was doing it and had to fork out for one of those,but now the the speedo sticks,need some help with that too!!! HHEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!............... Shocked
subzero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes google rs24 as thats what you need
cjard

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 15:07    Post subject: Re: how to work out if you have r134a or r12 Reply with quote

subzero wrote:
if you have r134a your service ports will look like this

..pics..

if you have r12 your service points will look like this but will be on the pump they are buy the red and blue dots you can make out a small red and black cap

I'm a bit confused by your post.. Are you saying that the service ports look the same on both r12 and r134a vehicles?
And if so, how do we tell them apart? By their location?

You also put a red and blue dot on your pic of an engine, and red and blue caps in the 4 pics above, but then you talk about a red and black cap - does that mean the cap is black/red like Dennis the menace, or does it mean there are 2 caps, one black and one red?

Maybe I should just summarise my questions:

Where are the service ports on an r12 vehicle? And what colour are they? And which one is the high pressure side?

Where are the service ports on an r134a vehicle? And what colour are they? And which one is the high pressure side?

Thanks for looking at my noob questions Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: