2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.2 DiD SWB fuel pipe cover fixings - whats the part number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hilux

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 19:32    Post subject: 3.2 DiD SWB fuel pipe cover fixings - whats the part number Reply with quote

Hi all,

I`ve taken advice and checked the fuel filler and vent pipes on my newly purchased 2005 SWB 3.2 Did as I am aware that crud and water from corroded filler pipes can stuff the fuel pumps.

Luckily I am fortunate in that apart from some surface rust on the pipe brackets and cover clip extensions and a little around the pipe where the filler neck meets the body they are in fine condition  Cool

What a stupid stupid design!!! Why not have a complete arch liner! All the cover does is provide a shelf for the crud and mud to sit on and bathe the pipes in salty water!!! What an absolutely disgraceful design/cost saving installation it is!!

I have washed away all the cr*p and left the cover off for now and will treat the rust and waxoyl the whole area this weekend when/if it dries out.

However in removing the cover I destroyed some of the plastic push fixings.

There is a web site/company I have used in the past (Bresco) which is great for all those obscure clips and fixings but cant see the exact type which needs to be a square type to fit in the square holes. What they have is very similar however is round and they dont indicate the diameter.

Anyone have the part number to hand or can point me in the right direction as to where to get them or what alternatives have been used?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 19:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've taken them off wrong, you pull the middles out by their flange and the rest of the clip falls out.

I replaced many on my tank cover with nuts and bolts smeared in grease and oversprayed with underseal.
geodrome

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cable tied mine back on. Very Happy
BenKenobi

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the OP question MB344728.
Hilux

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

assassin wrote:
You've taken them off wrong, you pull the middles out by their flange and the rest of the clip falls out.

I replaced many on my tank cover with nuts and bolts smeared in grease and oversprayed with underseal.

Managed to get three out that way, destroyed the rest (unfortunately)

I was thinking of using captive U brackets and self tappers with washers or plastic number plate nuts/bolts as you can get a hand to the rear of them but Ben has supplied the number so I`ll see how I get on.

Cable ties crossed my mind too  Wink

Thanks all.
Davie5316

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

geodrome wrote:
I cable tied mine back on. Very Happy

Bang on, best way! Cheap to replace when washing once and a while!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: