QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Repairable cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICUALL

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 21:15    Post subject: Repairable cars Reply with quote

There is a reasonable looking 2007 on the repairable cars site with 40k on it. Just states starts and drives but vehicle in limp mode. Thought someone may be interested!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 21:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a write off then its not worth it as if it is involved in another accident you will only get a maximum of 50% of its value due to the fact it has been a total loss previously.
ICUALL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say it's not damaged other than a scuff on front wing trim and is not registered as it's not hit. It's with them cause engine in limp mode.
Just thought someone may be interested!!
BenKenobi

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on price as to how interesting - not even sure which site you're referring to though - there are a lot of 'salvage' sites.
ICUALL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

site is called repairable vehicles. Car is 2007 with 39k on the clock. £7500. Says its a diamond but one of the photos says elegance on the back of it. Has diamond rims on it though.
BenKenobi

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could go for that if I hadn't spent so much on mine ...
ICUALL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly. And mines only through mot last week as well. Just thought it may do someone.
Hilux

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICUALL wrote:
My thoughts exactly. And mines only through mot last week as well. Just thought it may do someone.

If its a trade advert then the trade are outing it as repairable (ie: they cant make money on it) so in my view you may be lucky but probably it isnt viably repairable.

Same as auctions, apart from a few rentals most cars in auctions ars there because the trade want nothing to do with them.
ICUALL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of good cars in auctions with still plenty of profit to made on them. A lot of dealers will just not try to sell on a certain age or mileage of vehicle and it goes into the auction instead. I used to do it for years before a back injury left me in too much pain to be bothered.
If i traded that 2005 of mine in with 126k on it, even though it has 13 months mot and needs for nothing, it would end up in the auction or a dealer that sells from home etc. No way its going to go on anyone's forecourt, and yet for anyone looking a good clean straight motor, it's perfect.
I've seen this sort of thing many times before. They get something in and just move it on for a small profit as fixing it may not gain them any more money by the time they fix it.
I'd start by offering them a 1k less to allow for repair. After looking at it that is. Could be an EGR or common rail sensor or something simple as well as it could be something expensive. A code reader when i went to look at it would shed some light on the situation.
I've also seen aftermarket tuning boxes set too high turn on limp mode. And blow turbo's, lol.
Eye's open is the way to view something like this.
Could be expensive or could be a good deal given the mileage!! I'd make sure i knew which before parting with any hard earned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: