2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Costco KTC Vegetable oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon_W

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 20:48    Post subject: Costco KTC Vegetable oil Reply with quote

Has anybody else noticed that Costco seem to be stocking fewer and fewer boxes of KTC vegetable oil? A couple of years ago they allocated several bays to it. Today it's down to just one bay, and most of the stock was in damaged cartons.

I'm concerned that Costco are going to stop selling it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 20:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly due to lower demand in their stores. With diesel prices 30% less than their highs of a couple of years back there does appear to be less interest in using veg oil - certainly less activity on here. I got diesel at 107.9 last night so for occasional users who pour a 50/50 mix in their tanks you need a good price to make it worth the grief.
Asda was 2X Three litre tubs for a Fiver last week making 83ppl & I can use it neat in the twin-tank so a good saving there for a quick top-up.

Word is that crude prices are set to drop further, Texas intermediate is down a bit because the US has a larger fuel stock than anticipated & low demand even in the driving season.

If there's a bumper harvest due to the mild winter then rapeseed oil might come down a bit & improve the savings available???
Simon_W

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed re diesel prices coming down again, but I'd be surprised if any significant proportion of Costco's vegetable oil sales was for road use. Could it be that deep frying has gone out of fashion?

I'm currently running 90/10 SVO/petrol and it works pretty well. Hot starting takes a couple of seconds longer than on diesel or 50/50, but apart from that there's no appreciable difference.

Maybe I will have to find another source of supply if Costco cease to stock it.  There are a few other cash and carry outlets locally, so I may do some research and see what I can find.
vijay

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if they stopped selling it, so stop worrying and get tiling! ;P
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

vijay wrote:
I'd be surprised if they stopped selling it, so stop worrying and get tiling! ;P

As you know, I like to plan for eventualities.  Wink

Bathroom tiling will start on Sunday, all being well.
Quixote

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
Maybe I will have to find another source of supply if Costco cease to stock it

You could always run on 100% Fillipo Berio and just pretend it's the veg alternative to V-Power?  :lol:  :lol:
Rob546454

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

What prices are you guys finding it? Cheapest at the moment is 15 quid for 20 litres. Ideally need to speak to someone in the farming sector to find out if the price of wheat is due to go up or down.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quixote wrote:

You could always run on 100% Fillipo Berio and just pretend it's the veg alternative to V-Power?  Laughing  Laughing

I like that idea a lot!  Laughing  Laughing
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob546454 wrote:
What prices are you guys finding it? Cheapest at the moment is 15 quid for 20 litres. Ideally need to speak to someone in the farming sector to find out if the price of wheat is due to go up or down.

I paid £13.99 for 20 litres at Costco yesterday.

Wheat price? What's that got to do with it??  Smile
Rob546454

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually mean specifically wheat just crops in general. I am no farmer so I have no idea if it's been a good season or not. Or what sort of timescale the wholesale price reacts to it. What I am getting at is if harvests are poor then the price will be going up or vice versa.

Must have gone down in recent months as that was a price I got from a producer not a middle man distributor. Even being a chef I can't always get the best price through the suppliers. Ktc were selling direct at 14 a drum but that was on a minimum order of two pallets. About 1500 lites.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, OK. I now understand your line of thought.  Smile

The Costco price has always been less than £14 since I've been purchasing it. For a while last year it was £12.99, then £13.49 and now £13.99.
Rob546454

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they must be selling it as a lost leader by the sounds of it.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob546454 wrote:
Well they must be selling it as a lost leader by the sounds of it.

That's why I am worried that they are running the stocks so low.  My local Costco used to have several pallets in the warehouse. Less than one full one yesterday.  I'll try and give them a call next week and see what I can find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: