2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mud forced in to cross member MK2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGAZ

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:38    Post subject: Mud forced in to cross member MK2 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I took our Pajero out greenlaning for the first on Sunday 1993 LWB 2.8td Auto, it kept up with defenders, a range rover and a discovery even though we are totally standard inc. tyres and it was damn muddy and very wet!

I’ve got the MOT today (Wednesday) so Monday I took it through the car wash (much to the operators disgust!) and yesterday I took it to the jet wash to blast out all the rubbish left underneath.  Last night I also got underneath and removed the front 2x bash plates to check there weren’t any huge great sods of earth jammed up anywhere.

What I found was the cross member which ties the front wheels / torsion bars together was completely jammed solid with mud, there are 3x holes in my 2nd bash plate which line up with 3x holes in the bottom of the cross member, all I can think of is that every time the bash plate kissed the ground it forced mud in to the holes in the cross member and fully jammed the cross member up… I had to jam my fingers in and get the hose on it for ages to get it clear!

One to watch out for maybe or is this common? – If so I may weld across the 3x holes in the bash plate and see how that goes, I’m sure water will still come out of the cross member – I assume that’s why the holes line up…

And if it passes the MOT I’ll get some larger tyres and maybe jack the suspension up an inch or so!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

The red one

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaning it is all part of the fun. It's easy in summer months mate bit dryer lanes.. And as for keeping up with landys no problems for pajero owned both spent more on fuel in pajero less time stuck  Very Happy spent all my time welding my discovery no time laneing..
BigGAZ

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failed the MOT yesterday!  Sad

More time to clean it I suppose!  Very Happy

Chassis was fine but there is a hole rusted through the front wheel arch near the front body mount and suspension...
And a CV book
And 1x pad is worn below 15.mm so sticky piston I guess...

Oh well, could be worse and once its done and we're out with it off road again it'll be all smiles!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: