eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

AC Blower not working

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhammika

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Strange things happen - like my heater blowing cold air when turning left (but only occasionally!!)

This has an explanation. Hot/Cold air mix is controlled by set of flaps. Flaps are connected to a shaft with small screws and motor will control the flap open/close with set of levers. Layer of foam glued to each flap for proper sealing. With the time that layer will fall off and flaps get rusted and there will be a free play between shafts and flaps, so  when vents are closed they are not tightly closed. With the centrifugal force with cornering some may closed vents will be opened briefly.

I recently disassembled, blower unit and cooler unit and repaired the flaps. Applied rust protection, put some new foam layer and fixed the free play by tightening the screws.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will wait until the Summer to look at it - too cold at the moment.

Of course it will be impossible to test it in the hot weather!
dhammika

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurekaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Found the problem. It was a relay.

I connected a +ve wire from the battery and fed into the blower socket and it starts to work, all three speeds get selected, but even after turning A/C off blower was running at low speed. Because of that I thought that there should be some other switching mechanism for +ve supply, so first disconnected the condenser fan, so I can clearly here relay noises, after that when turning on the A/C and when selecting speeds I here relay noises and then found the two relays located on top of the cooler.

Eventhough wiring diagram shows direct connections via blower switch, actually switch activates those two relays

1. To turn on and off the Blower - The blue wire from the IGN relay connected to this one, and then fed to the blower socket. As soon as this is energized, Low speed is selected
2. To select Medium or High speed (This is two way relay I guess)

I found first relay is faulty, when I tap it few times blower starts to work.

Will try to modify the circuit diagram and publish it here

Thanks Pete for the support..
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you found it - not easy when the wiring diagram leaves important bits out  Shocked

Somewhere there must be a definitive wiring diagram that is actually correct.

Well done - you could have been at that problem for weeks!!
Berry272

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 14:13    Post subject: Blower fan relays Reply with quote

Hi dehammika it's been a while since your post but I have a similar issue the dash heater controls light up the fan works but only when connected to 12v as I just removed and tested it. Could you be a bit more specific where these controlling relays are located not sure what you mean by above the cooler?? Cheers
dhammika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relays are located on top of the cooler (Evaporator) box.
My AC control unit is an electronically controlled one with buttons. It may be different for a manual controller with rotating knobs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: