QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

evo tappets and valve lash adjustment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyetye54

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:24    Post subject: evo tappets and valve lash adjustment Reply with quote

good morning all members,

can anyone assist with  step by step instruction or short video on how to re-set tappets / valve lash adjust on the EVO. Engine overhauled and due to the lack of information known to all of us my mechanic is struggling with excessive tappets noise. Used Castrol Edge synthetic oil.

thank you all that can assist.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Vinson158

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Describe your mechanic's method.
Smokey_x

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Mitsi a while back and got this response:

000/140767

October 30th 2007

Dear Mr ,

RE: MITSUBISHI PAJERO EVOLUTION

Thank you for your email enquiry with regard to the above vehicle.

Having spoken with the Technical Department, I can now provide you with the following information with regard to the valve clearences to set the tappets on your vehicle.

At Cold Settings, the inlet should be 0.10 mm, and the exhaust should be 0.13 mm, between the Cam and the Follower.

This is from an old mail I got from years back. but the info is solid and good.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

JORDAN A. IRVINE
Customer Services Advisor

The contents of this email and any attachments created by us are the property of The Colt Car Company Limited and are intended for the confidential use of the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by email at postmaster@mitsubishi-cars.co.uk or by telephoning 01285 655777.

Any disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited. Any files attached to this email will have been checked with virus detection software before transmission. However, you should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. The Colt Car Company accepts no liability for any loss or damage, which may be caused by software viruses.

THE COLT CAR COMPANY LIMITED, Registered Office WATERMOOR, CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRE, GL7 1LF Registered in England Number 01163954
Smokey_x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this answers your Q had to rebuild my engine so went through the same whoops.
Ristom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 21:35    Post subject: Pajero Evolution cam lash adjusting Reply with quote

Hello! Adjusting valve lash on Paj Evo is the same as on most mivec engines with adjusting screws. Search video from google . Mivec valve lash adjusting FTO.  Inlet lash 0.1mm exhaust 0.13mm. Worked for me. Hope it helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: