Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Sometimes struggles to speed up and clicking when accelerati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apuckering

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 14:05    Post subject: Sometimes struggles to speed up and clicking when accelerati Reply with quote

Hi I have a shogun equippe gdi automatic  3500cc petrol car  
2002 .
When starting my car i turn my key once and wait for all the electrics to come on , there is usually a lot of whirring noises going on but now this is going on for a little longer .... turn the key fully and hear all the normal noises .. the girl going of what is going on under the hood .... amd sometimes the car gets a bit shaken as it warms up. ( never had a 4x4 before )
 Now I have had my husband drive the car a few times and he says it drives fine ... and that it must be me but I  know something is wrong .... a few time recently when starting the car  ,  Driving off ... and trying to pick up speed it drags,  recently it has even come to a stop ( I thought this was because I had come round corners where it seems a bit stiffer ) I will turn the engine off restart it and continue to drive .... sometime when it struggles to pick up speed it will also suddenly kick in ( which is a little scary )
 I work at a hospital and as I pulled right out of the car park and up a hill it’s started making very loud croaking noises , little bubbling( it felt like that was I underneath me )  ,  it then pushed forward and started going slow again  eventually stopping ( embarrassed )  Restated the car and then drove home .... it feels like I have to fully warm my car up for it to perform better  ... this has never happened to him indoors so I feel like I’m losing my mind a little ... the guy I brought it from said the battery was a little sluggish  but I thought it was spark plugs ... however  leaving work today after a couple of laps of the carpark  a clicking when I press on the accelerator developed ... not very loud . I have to say occaisopnally the oil light comes on  when I park up but disappears when driving around 🤨 Any help very much appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 14:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: