QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rate Sureterm Direct

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Sureterm Direct Insurance
Excellent - will be hard to beat!
35%
 35%  [ 28 ]
Very good
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Average
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Below par
36%
 36%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 79

cjard

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23    Post subject: Re: Sureterm direct? Only if there's no other choice!! Reply with quote

MadWoman wrote:
I'd like to be able to be covered for green laning as I live near a little one I use on the way to the shop (lol), can anyone recommend a decent company that listen to what they're told?!! Please?!!!!

If you're insured for third party risks on a public road, then surely that's all that is required - there's no such thing as a green lane in law, only roads, surfaced or otherwise

If your policy includes some tosh wording like:
Quote:
This policy does not cover racing of any description or being used in any contest, competition, track days, rallies or trials (other than road safety rallies or treasure hunts) or on any other form of racetrack or off-road activity (including green laning).

Then pursue your insurer for an accurate definition of what they mean by "off road" (which could be a private car park) and "green lane". Off road has a legal definition, but green lane has none
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

cjard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for a qote with sureterm's online service..

Page 1

Assumptions

Your vehicle...

...must not be an import

-

That's those guys in the bin then
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 14:33    Post subject: Re: Sureterm direct? Only if there's no other choice!! Reply with quote

cjard wrote:
MadWoman wrote:
I'd like to be able to be covered for green laning as I live near a little one I use on the way to the shop (lol), can anyone recommend a decent company that listen to what they're told?!! Please?!!!!

If you're insured for third party risks on a public road, then surely that's all that is required - there's no such thing as a green lane in law, only roads, surfaced or otherwise

If your policy includes some tosh wording like:
Quote:
This policy does not cover racing of any description or being used in any contest, competition, track days, rallies or trials (other than road safety rallies or treasure hunts) or on any other form of racetrack or off-road activity (including green laning).

Then pursue your insurer for an accurate definition of what they mean by "off road" (which could be a private car park) and "green lane". Off road has a legal definition, but green lane has none

Agree,would say nothing to be concerned about,a green lane is not off road,peeps just call it off road sometimes as a term.Its an unsurfaced road,can drive it legally in anything insured/taxed/mot...........Pay n plays then different,its at your risk then if not covered,more from rolling it than having a head on 30mph crash.......Also some sites have 4x4s on that are not road legal,for me should be a separate day for obv reasons......

Trouble is ins companies will use/try any method to get more money out of you,green lane/BOAT are legal providing no TRO  on them,and checked with GLASS in area to make sure.
MadWoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh riiiiight!! What a rip off, I assumed since they referred to being covered for green laning that it was something that I needed if green laning!

Anyway, I'd told them that I wasn't sure yet and they told me I had to go and read the policy stuff they sent me, then when I got off the phone they accepted my renewal anyway. Rang them up and told them I hadn't actually asked them to do that, they reckoned the supervisor was going to listen to the phone call and ring back, but they never did. By the time I realised it, the 14 days had elapsed and I would have had to pay a certain amount to cancel the policy. Rip off bar-stards!

So reluctantly continuing with them until my policy runs out, then cancelling any direct debits with my bank and going to email them saying under no uncertain terms do I want to continue being insured with them, not impressed....  Mad

So to anyone reading this, as a customer of Sureterm Direct I wouldn't trust the lying, scheming little ratbags any further than I could throw them wearing a straight jacket...
crystal

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:35    Post subject: Suretem direct Reply with quote

The problem with these crooks they DO NOT LEAVE YOU WITH OPTION YOU MUST DECIDE THEN & THEIR. Crying or Very sad  Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad
Whilst other brokers leave you with a quote which VALID with some 14 day the majority 30 day. Laughing
Their Renewals are time limited. Embarassed
Based Same Accept Decline.
Problem They Do Not always leave Customer with Much Time To Search Other Markets.
MadWoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know!!
I had only rang them up with a question, the guy kept trying to push me legal cover which I already have and was quite brazen about it. Then I said I wasn't sure I wanted to renew as he had told me several times I needed to read stuff first that they had sent. (It was a huge pile of paper that I had better things to do than read through, when I wasn't actually that sure I was going to renew with them anyway..) Gets off the phone, next day or so the policy docs come through. Was supposed to have 14 days but they refused to allow me to cancel - totally illegal I know and if I didn't have other things going on I would have pursued it (out of principle as well as because I didn't want their policy!)

Lesson learnt - STAY AWAY FROM SURETERM DIRECT, in fact, all insurance brokers!  Confused
geran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a joke, been with them 3yrs for my Pajero decided to change the main drivers over to keep the misses insured and keep the no claims going, so did a new policy search on confused and guess what sure term were the cheapest we queried some of the info on there proposed insurance, firstly it's an auto not a bloody manual (told em that every year) it now turns out they do not insure grey imports WTF I *beep* stated on the submission form it was a Japanese import *beep* joke my insurance would not have been valid on a claim, so now where do I go for insurance, or do I just get rid.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

geran wrote:
so now where do I go for insurance, or do I just get rid.

Flux,lancaster try them but they are all the same when it comes down to it Rolling Eyes
PJ's Paj
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be going against the general consensus here but was just looking for renewal with my mods declared.

Admiral was cheapest on that compare site, £290ish, so rang them to discuss mods.

"Suspension lifted, to accommodate larger mud-terrain tyres, and a raised air-intake or snorkel" I told her. (had to explain what a Snorkel was Rolling Eyes )

reply after 10 mins on hold "Sorry we wont insure those mods, they are high risk as you might drive off road"

"might drive off road, that the whole point of doing the mods" I told her.

The next ones on the list were all part of Admiral, Elephant, Bell, Diamond etc etc

Then we jumped up to £450 +.

Next call was to Sureterm, my current insurer. Renewal price on letter was £289, discussed that it was an Import and I had heard they no longer cover them, "no problem" she said.
Disclosed my mods, a few minutes on hold and £320.58 was the new quote.
amended my current policy £15.90 for the remainder of the policy, and they let me off the £25 admin fee mid policy adjustments.

They knew what the mods were, no need to explain what a Snorkel was. Cool

All together a pleasure to deal with, smooth no frills and to the point, Just how I like doing business.

This is my personal experience, and I do feel for you guys who have had a bad time with them.
Maybe they have got wind of the bad vibe on here and have started to up there game Question
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result Very Happy  i dont know whats going on as sureterm told me no 4x4 insurance(well unless you want to pay silly premiums)as jumped from 400 to 900......

Their sister company lancaster took over the 4x4 side(or so they told me)

So sureterm back insuring again then Rolling Eyes .......give up Laughing
scruffygyt

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 13:16    Post subject: sureterm Reply with quote

Just had a quote for a 2.8 lwb 9 yrs no claims 54years old  5000 annual milage had 3 claims in last five years two were non fault
the price was one thousand eight hundred !!!! and that was tpft. Shocked
HeatSeekingMissile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a thread resurrection here. Just to let people know I've been trying to re-insure my Pajero and now Sureterm Direct are refusing to cover imports. Not really much use to most people on the forum.

Mark
dmt68

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

05-01-2016..... have just had a quote from sureterm direct, spoke to a very pleasant chap, and assured me absolutley no problem with them insuring a pajero 2.8 exceed.. (import) . The quote given has beaten many of the others advertised on here...  so, to some up.... 49 year old, 1 year no claims discount. limited mileage to 6000 miles and with the following mods declared. 2" body lift..raised air intake/snorkel.. towbar...winch and so on.. to include off roading and green laning...  price quoted was  £260.30 fully comp.  !!  needless to say, very happy with the price.. Very Happy
scoots

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only assume its a postcode lottery..i had the same issues..my first pajero 12 years ago cost me around 700 to insure and yet now with plenty no claims I still had quotes in excess off 1500 plus..its ridiculous..as for my current insurer its Lancaster insurance..im still paying too much but they gave me the best quote which in all fairness included offroad damage...we should lead a revolt and I'm sure with the powers of the www....we would get some sort of result... Evil or Very Mad
Shogun12345

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 13:51    Post subject: Transmission problem 2.8 LWB 1996 Reply with quote

A big thank you to all the guys who posted information on this Topic.  I followed posts from 2011 and the did the trick today.  

Many many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: