QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero 2.8 TD gearbox problems

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should be kicking in at 50mph
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

labusch

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wont do that only on 60mph.  You can get it to kick in at around 55 by easing off slightly but as soon as you apply gas it changes down again.
knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried re-adjusting the TPS ?
labusch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,  I just turned it anticlockwise as you suggested.  Off to Leicester tomorrow so maybe the long run will do her good.  If its not right I will try turning it back a little to see what that does.
labusch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Knightstorm. as promised I said I would let you know how I got on after the Leicester trip.  Round trip was about 260 miles and at a guess I probably did 80% in third gear.  I was towing a trailer and unless I went over 60 it would not change into top gear.  Dont know what to do to cure the problem.  Do you think a new TPS whould cure it or could it be something else.
philbird

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there
i had the same problems but managed to sort it  Very Happy have a look at my post i put on here titled " youve helped fix my o/d problem " in the gearbox/transmission & 2wd/4wd q&a section. you never know it may help Wink
philbird

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.

dont get too disheartend this is a great forum, read carefully, and you'll soon be driving with a satisfied smile on your face Smile  i know i am Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
labusch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I've had a look at your post and I will try your tips.  Is it hard to change the ATF .
philbird

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
no not at all just remove the 14mm sump plug ( with a bowl there of course) and drain, while your under the truck follow the two pipes towards the front, near the radiator and disconect (with a bowl under of course ) start engine for 30-45 secs. reconnect pipes and put the sump plug back in . measure whats come out in total using your wifes measuring jug for cooking Laughing  Laughing ( mine was about 6 litres ) and replace that amount with the correct atf (dexron11) down the atf dipstick tube . start engine , foot hard on brake and go through the gears prnd21 12dnrp pausing for 10 seconds inbetween each select. take it for a spin then check level not too much not too little . i didnt disconect the pipes because i didnt know to do that but ive since learnt of this forum tha its cheaper to do this rather than just draining the sump an keep pouring the atf down the dipstock tube  once a week until the atf turns cheery red  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

good luck
phil
Shogun12345

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zodiac: Pisces
PostPosted: 01 05 2021    Post subject: Transmission problem 2.8 LWB 1996 Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
A big thank you to all the guys who posted information on this Topic.  I followed posts from 2011 and the did the trick today.  

Many many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: