Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1988 2.5td glow relay/plug and alternator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tropax

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 20:55    Post subject: 1988 2.5td glow relay/plug and alternator Reply with quote

Hi might be a longshot but hear me out 😅
I have a 1988 lwb lhd 2.5td.
Suddenly i started to get the alternator and fuel filter light dimly lighting (some times)
Alternator is only 6 mothns old (referb by me) but it charges good it seams.
Then now i noticed that it takes now longer to start when its cold(some houres sinc i drove)
Before it was just a *beep* with the key.

I noticed now that when i tested the glow plugs by mesuring the voltage with plus on the glow plug rail and earth on batteri earth i get 0v and no click... Then i do a flicker of the key so the engine turnes once. I got 3.8v and it climed to 4.7v and clicked of.
I belive i have the 2 relay type with pre heat and a after heat? Is that th 6v glow plugs then?
And cud it be the first relay that is stuffed? I cant seam to find the right/detailed wiring diagram.
Im suspect ting that it might be the glow system that is giving me the weak alternator/filter lights. Even tho i have bought a new alternator (not installed yett)

Before (3 weeks) those light came and went and was hard to diagnose, found no faults and usually the fault disappeard when i was about to test them and 2 times i noticed that they were there the first time i started and disappeared when the last click came, maby a convincides.

Is there a easy way to tapp in so i can get the 2 glow lights to glow when its heating? Apperantly never worked on those type (even tho it has the bulbs in place.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 20:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: