QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1994 Central locking cycle issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Ash-

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:20    Post subject: 1994 Central locking cycle issue Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Having an interesting issue with my Paj...

It keeps cycling the central locking without me being anywhere near the car. Sometimes while driving, sometimes stationary and off and sometimes when I move the drivers door.

It does it really fast and often stops locked meaning Im on danger of locking the only set of keys in the car, getting another cut but want it fixed.

Any idea? I'm guessing there might be some water ingress somewhere but the car is new (to me) and know nothing about it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rapheal

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 1999 (Gen 2.5) and it was stunning. Locking focus and back diff, could put in AWD while driving up to 60mph, ran like a champ, and never had any issues. I just sold this is on the grounds that I moved out of the US, however purchased a Pajero in Korea to supplant it. There is a functioning Facebook bunch for Monteros that has heaps of good posts. Truly in the event that you can discover one in great condition they are incredible for overlanding, and they are really modest. Avoid the games as they aren't as strong a stage for overlanding. The Montero was Mitsubishi's vehicle to rival the Land Cruiser so they are all around assembled.
mw6zanhampete

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a similar problem with my 2.8 swb 1996 reg on locking the car after a short time the car would unlock itself. So my first option was to disconect the 12 volt power feed to the central locking module by pulling the fuse untill i could get me head around it. So central locking module on my paji is mounted under the dash steering wheel side black box with a multi pin plug vibration had in fact pulled the plug from the socket a squirt of switch cleaner and a good bung back and i have had no further problems with it hope your problem is as easy to fix good luck.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a master control on the drivers door and this is the place to begin as the master controls the slaves, I would suggest checking the wiring for security and the unit for security and corrosion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: