Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Chassis number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamxj

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 18:04    Post subject: Chassis number Reply with quote

Hi guys I have just moved to Spain with my Shogun sport it has to go through Spanish ITV but part of the chassis number can't be seen because of surface rust any ideas how to restore it without destroying it or is it stamped on the body anywhere else not the vin plates it has to be stamped on the frame thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

radiomike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used it before but this might help:

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/support/vin-information#
robfinger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the engine bay, in the area near one of the hinges for the hood (well, bonnet, lol) is a plate that lists the VIN sane as the frame. On my truck it's on the right side of the firewall, but mine is a left-hand steering wheel, so on UK/Jap spec trucks it may be on the other side? Way easier to read this than the frame spot especially after a few coats of undercoating have been applied over the years.
yamxj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 15:20    Post subject: Chassis Reply with quote

Thanks but I have got all the vin plates the engineer insists the number has to be physically on the frame or on the body works the plates could have been put on from another car I think the issue is
robfinger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry I missed that part where it needs to be stamped on the frame. This is stupid tho, what happens if you have big rust issues and have to cut a section off the frame and put new steel in? I swear the EU regulators have very little common sense when it comes to vehicles sometimes...

There are rust dissolving chemicals out there that should in theory clean the rust up without eating the steel behind it. What does the inspector sugges you do, he's the one being picky so he should at least suggest something that will satisfy him?
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 18:10    Post subject: Re: Chassis Reply with quote

yamxj wrote:
Thanks but I have got all the vin plates the engineer insists the number has to be physically on the frame or on the body works the plates could have been put on from another car I think the issue is

VIN should be stamped on the bodywork in at least one place, usually two. Did you not see the link I provided?
yamxj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye I got the link but the one behind the windscreen is a plate stuck on the dash thanks though
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally etched into the door pillar and the offside front chassis using a dot system of numbering, this used dots to form the number and they are punched in as every vehicle is manufactured consecutively and the numbers have to change for each vehicle.
yamxj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will look at front chassis nothing on the door pillar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: