eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Central Locking Solenoid Fix !!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve.L

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 20:57    Post subject: Central Locking Solenoid Fix !!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Peeps

Hope someone can help, I have a 93 2.8 Lwb, bought form an importer in November last year, had a Toad cat 1 alarm fitted and been well pleased with everything since. But today opened the Paj as usual and the locking buttons started dancing like a nutter, locked again with the remote, locked fine, opened with the remote and start dancing around banging like a machine gun for a while then stop, this now happens all the time, I am stumped, anyone had this problem before or knows what causes it?

Oh yes forum looks gr8 Smile

Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 20:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey and welcome to the club 8)

I had a similar problem once on a *cough cough* ford and it was the drivers door solenoid was u/s maybe disconnect the solenoid from the door and test it out and also check the passenger door if its had one added for the alarm/remote locking,about all i can thunk of atm let us know how it goes,

Marc 8)
david larke

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:15    Post subject: locking Reply with quote

hi
i would suspect contact bounce on the main door solenoid (or the switch
inside it ) these can be a bit hair trigger try holding up the lever knob
next time and see if it stops
dave
nobby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME TO THE CLUB Very Happy
Steve.L

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks for the replies and welcome peeps

Gonna whip the solenoid out on the weekend and check it out!

Steve
fattyfattyboomalatty

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP! dont remove the solenoid!! it just needs adjusting. release the clamp holding the slave motor to the original lock mech (either 2 brass screws or 3x crossheads) lock the door but do not close it. move the slave motor rod so that its in the fully "down" position. now move it back up about 5mm. hold it there and reconnect to original mech. remember to try it before rebuilding the door.

p.s. a 1992 doesnt need a slave motor so if you want to bypass it let me know and i'll tell you where to wire it to inside the car to original mitsu wiring. if you've just had the alarm fitted send it back as its the installers fault.
Steve.L

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again

Tks for everyones input Smile

I took the solenoid out, couldn't find a replacement even 2nd hand for under £100.00 so as I'm from South Africa originally and used to doing "bush mechanics" hehehe I opened the solinoid up with a junior hacksaw. Its a sealed unit and anyone that does this must be very carefull not to cut too deep!

Anyway after opening it up I found that it has a little electric motor (obviously) a slip gear that drives off the motor onto a 180 degree gear that works the lock mechanism. On both sides of the 180 degree gear is a rubber stopper. When the gear gets to the stopper it activates a contact that switched the motor off.

The problem was the one stopper was kaput flat as a pancake and the contactor point was going past so obviously the motor started again and sent it in reverse and back again so on and so on! Anyway I went down to Halfords and bought a set on pushbike brake pads and made a new stopper out of this. I then drilled a hole in the right position to sit on a locator pin inside the solenoid which is self explanatory! Stuck it in with super glue just in case. Stuck the solenoid back together with superglue.

Put the mechanism back in and hey presto better than new Smile

Hope someone finds this helpfull in the future, much cheaper than getting a new solenoid as Mitsubishi ask £280.00 for one Wink

Cheers

Steve.L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: