2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

No aircon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comerj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:46    Post subject: No aircon Reply with quote

I've had my '96 2.8 LWB Paj for 6 months now and love it ... all except two things.

1) 17 mpg (I need to try and sort this out!!) - lots on this site for me to have think about ...

2) Aircon isn't working.

I'd really like to get the aircon fixed but am not confident enough to do much myself (trust me, I will break things and end up making things worse).

Can anyone recommend anyone who can look at the aircon in the Hampshire Area? I've heard horror stories about how much these things can cost to get sorted - have I just gotta accept that it's going to cost me an arm and a leg (If so I'm just going to have to live with it I think!).
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Sam-F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dont know any one in your area but have a look at http://www.instvac.co.uk/
it may not be as bad as you think might just need a leak test and re-gas cost about £50 to £75
philcut
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at Bubblehead's post here http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14299 It gives the details for airconman who is very close to you, in Gosport.I know how close.........because I was born there!!!
comerj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - I'll pm airconman to see what advice he has. I can't ask for much closer ... I could push the Paj to Gosport from here (err maybe not Laughing)
airconman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My mails down at the moment but you can call me on 0781 260 7592. Run a mobile unit so I can come to you.
Airconman
Drive Cool - Arrive Cool
comerj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks airconman - I'll give you a call. I'm real busy this week, so I might have to ring next week. I look forward to our chat!!!
malcolm1972

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ComerJ.... Im located in Gosport. Bridgemary area..

Fancy some off roading at some point ?? Im finding somewhere local thats got a basic course for Us NEWBIES Smile

My air cons not working at the moment either - luckily its under warranty - garage is hopefully working on it Smile

M
comerj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

malcolm1972 -I'd love to take it offroad!! I know this sounds a bit soft, but I really need the car to be working as I rely on it to get the kids to school and me to work (anti 4x4 people will love that!!). I know the Paj is made for offroad, but i'd be worried about damaging it. What do you think? I'd definitely be up for some more gentle offroad action, but would want to avoid the extreme stuff.

I see some of the pictures the lads have got on this site and cringe thinking about the forces going through the suspension and axles when the two tonnes comes crashing back to earth!!

Maybe I need to convince the wife that I need to buy another older one - one for playing in and one for the caravan and the commuting!! Wink
malcolm1972

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know what you mean about taking it off road...
Im a bit awry too as its my only way of getting my little one to nursery and me to work

But - what the hell.... Its only a basic course... Im not going to be upto the windscreen in mud or jumping ditches Smile

Just some inclines and 1-2foot puddles will do me just fine Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: