Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Air Con & head scratching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:49    Post subject: Air Con & head scratching Reply with quote

Need some help guys (& gals)

HAd my air con re-gassed about 4 weeks ago (when it was cold - done in prep for 4 weeks in South of France with family & caravan).

It had never worked since I had the paj - over 2 years

Mobile air con guy came out, removed the little bit of gas still in the system, pressure tested with nitrogen and put some sort of dye in to check for leaks.

As he didn't find any leaks and the system retained pressure, he re-gasssed with the R12 replacement (think it was R34 or summat like)

Cost £45.00 + VAT

Now here's the prob - the rear air con is cold enough to get sympathy from a brass monkey but the air from the front is cool at best (nowhere near as cold as the rear vents)

WHAT'S GOING ON????

I've been looking through some old thraeds that mention oiling some sort of flap - ohh-err. What and, more importantly, where are they?

Before I call the air con guy out (don't think the gas is the problem as the rear is freezing)

Any idea's as the wife is giving me grief as it's getting hotter

ta

hawaii
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PaulV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem when mine was first regassed. The expansion valve was stuck on the front system.

I am not sure of the location of the "flap", but someone will be along in a minute Smile

The expansion valve is behind the glove box and the system needs to be degassed to get it out. Was a major pain Sad
Hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers m8

somewhere to start anyway - don't mind having to have it gassed again if it sorts it

ta

hawaii
EvilEd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your slider under the middle vents is on the Blue setting (I think) as if you have this on the wrong setting, the A/C seems to not work well at the front.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: