2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

can i use it????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOUG.COM

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 15:00    Post subject: can i use it???? Reply with quote

Give me a yes or no, but only if you have used it or still using it your self, will it kill my expensive 2.8 pajero engine? and whats a safe mix, 30oil/70diesel....50oil/50diesel. a friend of mine used it some years ago but he had to put a small heater inline with the diesel pipe as the oil was thicker when cold, also he needed to add a mixing agent to stop the two from seperating in the tank, we are being charged 93.9p per litre around here and im not going to take much more of the goverments so called price freeze on fuel cos it's melting faster than a icecreem in spain. Also where are all the campaigners? the lorry drivers that blocked roads ? the people who camped outside petrol refineries. Sorry im going on a bit....back to the start, am i ok to use this mix please. Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 15:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can use, no it doesn't harm and yes 70/30 is a good mix.
DOUG.COM

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I was hoping for a 50/50 mix, Dose oil and diesel seperate in your tank over night? I was going to get a 1/2 gallon oil and 1/2 gallon diesel and pour them into a one gallon jar, and see if thet seperated overnight. Dont get me wrong im so wanting to use cooking oil mix but I have to ask these naging questions to put my mind at rest. Also someone said you could download Form EX 103 and Form HO 930 for paying your duty on the oil you used. has anyone got the web address please.
Wilkesy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug

If you have a look at the Sticky thread at the top of this forum you should fidn all of the information you need on downloading the forms.

Also regarding the mix of oil / diesel - I am running on a 50/50 mix and it works fine - really can't see any major difference other than it seems slightly quieter, smoother and possibly a bit more power.

This web site is worth reading for more information, particularly the bit that says

"Straight Vegetable Oil might be the best way to use vegetable oil in diesel engines as there is no processing required. This makes it the most efficient way to get the oil from the fields to the fuel tank.

Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO) contains more energy than Biodiesel as Glycerin remains in the fuel, providing identical power performance to petro-diesel fuel. SVO emission performance is the same as Biodiesel and as a bonus, engine wear is greatly reduced, sometimes tripling engine life for engines running on straight vegetable oil.

www.distributiondrive.com
jaime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only today I was in ASDA Llanelli and saw one bloke with about 20 bottles in his trolley. I`ve got my EX103 and a couple of receipts with me should the excise men have another purge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,878122,00.html

---------------------------jaime-----------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: