Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Vegtable oil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vipar

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back end of a horse I just cant do It AHHHHHHHHHH
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 20:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jpc

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys we have just got back from a 500mile round trip,on the way there i put in 50% veg oil (svo) 50% diesel the pajero ran fine but after about 2hrs of driving at about 70 mph (ish).things started to change when i put my foot down there was loads of white smoke even when pulling away at 30 mph,though performance remained the same,on arival i checked engine oil and water all ok.on the way back home used
100 % diesel no smoke at all even when i rearly booted it????
FPAMAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does SVO dilute very well with Diesel? Or there is a separation occuring at the tank depending on the percentage mix - 10%, 25%, 50%?
DOUG.COM

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPC, I had the same result with normal diesel on the moterway, I was doing around same speed for about the same amount of time, looked in the rear view mirror and noticed i was leaving a trail of white smoke behind me, could be something to do with the turbo being on full for a long time, but after i came off the moterway and started to drive at around 30 the white smoke went away. Could be wrong... Razz
DOUG.COM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

FPAMAN wrote:
Does SVO dilute very well with Diesel? Or there is a separation occuring at the tank depending on the percentage mix - 10%, 25%, 50%?

Interesting point, as SVO is thicker then it must sit under the diesel as it stands over night, and the more SVO to diesel used the more it's likly to give you 100% SVO on start up.

O well it's all new ground to me, you could try rocking the truck from side to side before you turn the key Laughing I used to do that when i had a two stroke motorbike and the oil was in with the petrol Laughing
cssuk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the fuel stays in the lines and filters and as the fuel is recycled round the tank the chances of seperation are slim
FPAMAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

No separation occured on a blended 20% SVO 80% diesel 1 liter fuel sitting idly for a week. But I'm curious if there is a side effect of using SVO. SVO carries glycerine that was removed in biodiesel. Marketers of biodiesels are telling the side-effect of using SVO - that the glycerine will later gum up the injectors and the valve head. Its easy to clean the injectors but not the valve head. I know that using 100% SVO can cause gumming. But is this true if you use less than 30% blend?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: