Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Veggie Virgin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie nimb
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:06    Post subject: Veggie Virgin Reply with quote

To the amazement of work collegues who were looking on I poured my first 21 lt of oil into the tank a couple of days ago,having cleared the shelf of my local sainsbury's store.
I must say that it felt a little strange pushing the trolly through to the check out with 7 3lt bottles on board and although no comment was made I just wondered how long it would be before some 'well wisher' blew the whistle and twigged on to what we were up to ?
I have now sourced and ordered 3 20lt drums with the help of my local Kebab shop,which saves any future feelings of guilt whilst walking around the supermarket.
Anyhow I poured the stuff in,managing to spill some of it down my shirt and trousers and then rocked the paj from side to side. Did a final 'shake' by driving down the car park pulling swiftly to the left,then to the right < like they do in formula 1 you know when they warm the tyres up >.
The bar-b-q smell was instantly evident,which proved it had mixed.
So far the motor has ran like a sewing machine with no problems.

Charlie.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Wilkesy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie

What price are you paying for the 20 litre drums? And are you going to buy it through them, or did they just give you the name of the supplier?

Thanks
charlie nimb
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be £9.50 a drum,thats the price the supplier is charging the kebab shop,so its not direct from the supplier.
Actually having worked it out it aint much cheaper than supermarkets.
The beauty is though that it takes away 'guilty' feeling at the supermarket checkout.

Charlie.
wayne99

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing to feel guilty about as it is perfectly legal,
you will find that a lot of large haulage firms are using it.
as long as the tax Wink is paid then no probs
Very Happy
DannyD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like you i finally had a go, having looked at all the posts on the matter i changed the cam belts put some redex in and filled the tank up!!!!! so far i have put 18 ltr's in.......so far no problems.
i have just purchased a egr blanking plate off e-bay from the st helens paj club so when this arrives i will fit this and see what happens Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: