eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Import to France from UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spikemann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:58    Post subject: Import to France from UK Reply with quote

Hi all,

I live in the South of France and am looking into buying a japanese import Paj 2.8 LWB via one of the dealers in the UK. .I've read some of the useful information here regarding the hassle of importing to france a previously registered Japanese vehicle but i am seriously considering this since the Paj's here are so expensive and in bad condition. RHD is OK although LHD would be better but i guess that these are few and far between as a Jap import?!

My questions are:

- Is it worth the hassle? or should i try and source a LHD european model from Germany.

- has anyone had an easy route through the french bureaucracy?

Any further advice/contacts/information would be much appreciated to help me make the decision.

Many thanks in advance,
Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

condorman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dood, have a look on the big france sites, aa living france and total france, theres a storey on the first one about how a chap brought a paj over and all the hassel he had, the storey was cut short just at the end as he had a head on crash with a frenchman, wrote off the paj a few days before he got the papers through, he broke his sternum in the crash, nice bloke to speak to, chears condi
pjj

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spikemann.
We sound like we are about to go through the same dilema. I live in the sw of france and having looked around down here was shocked by not only the cost of the cars but also the condition and invariably the amount of kilometers they have covered. I am currently negotiating on a car in the uk but the ever present threat of french red tape is very firmly in the back of my mind.
I have heard of people driving their cars over here and keeping them on uk plates but going through the controle technique (french mot) and insuring them in france thus satisfying the french authorities. How reliable this is though i wouldn't like to comment!!
Have you had any more luck with your research?
flupke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost finished the import of a Pajero (1992, 5 seats) to southern France (07) where we own a residence secondaire. Started the process now for a two-seater (Utilitaire). French Control Technique is stunned by the good condition and maintenance level of the (Dutch) car shown, French interested people also, especially since local cars are terribly expensive and in doubtful condition. There are sites in English that give you clues on working with the CT, DRIRE, Hotel des Impots and (Sous-)Prefecture. Most difficult step is to have a Certificate of Conformity that fulfills the French requirements; either form your UK rep or from the French Mitsu rep. Have to be in French!
Would advice to have a LHD car to suit the requirements and style of "France driving:"When you're in France do as the French do"!.

Success!

Jaap.
pjj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI flupke.
Glad to hear you've nearly completed the import marathon! How long did it take from start to finish?
if you know of any reputable dealers of pajero's in holland (that speak some english/french) i would be really interested to have a contact number.
flupke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

generally I feel that Pajeros are expensive in NL if obtained from Dealers; I bought three now from owners; gives me some margin (for all the trouble and work) since again quite a few people in our region get interested.
This link may give you some more details "en anglais":
http://poitoucharentes.angloinfo.com/information/5/motoregister.asp

I read another post about troubles to get a UK/Japanese car into France, and on French license plates. Best would indeed be to work with a continental, original EU car (Dutch, German which have more options).

Remember: Bureaucracy was invented in Russia and brought to near perfection in France......... And from history there may be "something" between UK and France Smile But now I think UK's Tony brought a compromise to the EU contributions where Chirac showed a big smile. This may help....

If I can be of any help: my French residence is in North Ardeche. From now on I will regularly bring Pajero's to France. I have a local companion for this new business who is available 100% in France (but speaks no english).

Success!

Jaap.
pjj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for the link. I had a look and it really helped clear up and put in order the procedures.
The car i was going to buy in the uk was a Japanese import but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) the dealer has sold the car to someone else.
Certainly the thought of trying to import an originally japanese car is more than a little daunting.
i am looking to buy a car really soon and would certainly be really interested to speak to you if you are going to be bringing any Eu cars into france. Please feel free to contact me by pm if you like and give me a telephone number and i will call to discuss.
flupke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the late response, only just discovered your reaction om my inputs: you have got a message!

Jaap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: