Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Club subscription

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about a club subscription?
I think a club subscription is a great idea.
78%
 78%  [ 122 ]
I suppose the money needs to come from somewhere
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Why not just keep it free?
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
I don't think it's worth it
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 155

Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a nominal payment of a tenner is a great idea.

The knowledge on here is invaluable (insurance, advice and fun). If I broke it down to a payment each time I have been advised it would only come to 50p each time. Laughing

That is cheaper than a lottery ticket and with POC you will win !!!!!!

How any monies are used should be left to Simon. He has done a great job building the club from scratch and will continue to do so. He must have invested personal money during the past years so if he can pull some back fair enough. Trust his judgement and reap the benefits of an even better club in the future

Sean
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bhrkp1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all of this post yet, so if I repeat anything sorry

I have paied £10 towards the club by the paypal button. I'll happly pay a menbership fee to use this site, but it may put off some newbees from joining in so if this is the way to go will newbees get free access for a limited time after registering before having to pay up.

Again I haven't yet read all of the post due to not haveing time art the mo so if this is all wrong sorry
geoffro

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do is see how the FTO owners club forum works, theres a 20 post limit on non paying members and this should encourage people especially newbies like myself to use the search facility more, to find solutions to problems. also with having the limit of posts should deter people sigining up just for the sake of it and taking up valuable server space which costs alot of money, money which would be better spent else where.

the whole idea of paying membership is the that you get extra benefits, benefits that are more than likely organised by ourselves like Group Buys, this would be a section of the forum locked to non paying members.

and in all fairness not a lot people, i imagine, will actually use the donation button, at least having a membership fee Simon is guaranteed some sort of income for the club, the more funding for the club the better it'll be.

how many members does this club have, it must be in the 1000's if you imagine say 1000 members pay £10 per year thats £10,000 a year, i bet thats a lot more than what Simon's getting at the moment.

If people don't want to pay a membershgip fee then it's their loss, if they want to use the forum and reap the benefits that it offers then £10 for the year is nothing, it's less than a quid a month. nothing stopping people browsing the forum for nothing

and with regards to people wanting their opinions heard now that they are paying for it, it shouldn't be an issue rules are in place now against rude and offensive posts so why should a membership fee change this. I pay tax and National Insurance and sonme of my views aren't acceptable, but because I pay tax and whatever, doesn't mean I have the right to force my views on people and make them accept it. Payments or non-payments, the rules will still have to be stuck to.

With a membership fee this will open up window for a quarterly club magazine (big job for voluteer), and that will open the window for advertisers again bringing in more revenue for the club.

instead of a limit on posts just lock some of the sections of the forum like the group buy (if there ever gets to be one) the for sale section etc, but keep the main aspects open like the technical forum, so at least you have the choice if you just want the knowledge you can access it but to reap the additional benefits pay your fee.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: