Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Air Con Systems

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airconman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
The quantity of R134a for your vehicle is 650gms. As you still have some refrigerant in your system "topping up" will only lead to more problems. Ensure whoever carries out the work recovers whatever is in your system as over charging will lead to exsessive pressures and put undue strain on the system , leading to leaks. Once the system has been recovered it requires pressure testing, vacuum de-hydrating (min. 30 mins.) and then charging with the correct weight of refrigerant - as a matter of course I only re- charge using fresh "virgin" refrigerant.
Sorry to say I do not know of anyone in the Sheffield area.
Have a good holiday and remember DRIVE COOL - ARRIVE COOL
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 0:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Navigatorone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Air Con Man. My A/C system has never worked since I have had my PAJ, A Mk 1 LWB TD. (1990)

All the bits are there though, the compressor seems OK, I can turn the front pulley OK, (but it has not got a belt on as I did not fit one when I changed the cam belt). When I press the A/C button in it lights up.

So am I right in presuming all it will need is filling with new fluid and pressure testing.

Or will I need anything else. I have a thought that maybe the system was emptied because perhaps the system had that old type fluid in it.

Keith
gazzer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nearly there.

Did a search on "snifferdog.com" or something similar as "findapart". I had one call for the Aircon evaporator in the dash. £75+VAT+delivery.

I did some phoning around local big name scrappies. One had several Paj's. Sure there was at least one on a vehicle. Yeah, sure was. The one that had rolled several times and the passenger door was jammed shut.

Leaning from the drivers side in the broken glass, had it out in 25 mins. Looked OK, a little grubby, no oil deposits or gunge. 50:50 chance. Geezer thought it was a heater matrix and said £20. Marked it up incase it leaked and no good, so I could get a refund. Big difference on £200 from Mitsi!

Just waiting for AirConMan to visit and pressurise with the Nitrogen. Fingers crossed.

Looks a tho' this is a popular failure part, all the front evaps had gone but not one rear!

All the auto boxes were missing.
airconman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,
Glad to hear you managed to find a "cheapie". Before I pressure test the evaperator I will give it a flush through with a purpose made flushing solvent designed for air con systems, dry it out with compressed air and hopefully we`ll be on to a winner. Will be in touch Monday morning to arrange a time to come around.

Cheers Steve (airconman)
DRIVE COOL - ARRIVE COOL
sally

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 23:05    Post subject: air con man Reply with quote

just wanted to mention a huge thank you to steve harrison (air con man) came and fixed my air con in the REALLY hot weather and just before we set off on our hols on a long drive to cornwall so was much needed. he was efficient, friendly and helpful and very reasonable. whoops sorry, he'll prob up his rates now...lol
MadMax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 23:17    Post subject: air con Reply with quote

Hello ACM,

quick question for you -

having had my paj for only a few months - the aircon never worked.

In August i had it regassed and checked for any leaks - none found & it worked well.

Around early sept i leant the paj to my mate - i got it back a week later and found the air con not to be working in that no cold or even cool air was coming out....

i took it back to the garage where it was regassed and told that my receiver dryer had not been changed for some years and that this together with the receiver dryer switch may need changing as no leaks were detected the first time - could this be correct or am i being conned by the air con bloke ????

just to add that during the time it was working - it was used on a daily basis and working fine...

any response would be appreciated.

Ta

MM
Tim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wish I had read all this before I got mine regassed in the swealtering weather. The did me for £130 for what they called "drop in gas", which I later found out would not have been my first choice. Especially as when I found out the guys who service my car also do aircon and would have charged about the same for a conversion to R134a. But the weather was hot & I'm in the car for at least 4 hours a day. Still it did work but now I've cooled down I'm fuming, if you see what I mean!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: