Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Challenger Specs and stuff...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 19:29    Post subject: Challenger Specs and stuff... Reply with quote

I'm looking at buying a Pajero but I've just seen what looks like a lovely Challenger 2.8 as well which might well fall into the bracket of the bigger car I also need.

I had been thinking of a Toyota Surf for this bigger car, but this is quite a lot cheaper for similar condition/mileage etc. Could someone tell me the overall dimensions of a Challenger - height and width? Also how they cmpare insurance-wise to a Pajero. I've checked out insurance for a Paj and it seems fine for me.

Plus anything else you can tell me about this motor would be great. The one I've seen advertised is an N-Reg 1996 2.8 TDi fresh import with 42k on the clock. Looks a belter for £2799.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 19:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Challenger is slightly smaller inside and certainly not as tall as the Surf, but the up-side is they are far more 'car' like to drive and much better equipped. Having test-driven a Surf I found it really agricultural in comparison to the Challenger, and with the Pajero/Shogun base the Challengers are just as capable both for towing and off-road use.
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've test-driven a Surf too, so it's interesting to hear what you think. I'm going to go have a look at the one I've seen advertised in the next few days.
Challenger97

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some specs i found the other day, has weights and engine power etc

http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressrelease/e/products/detail500.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: