eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Can we get copies of import documents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evo2lady

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 18:54    Post subject: Can we get copies of import documents? Reply with quote

I am curious to know what sort of mileage was on my pajero when it was imported into the UK back in 2005, is there some sort of website maybe we could check up on or somewhere to write too. I am the 3rd UK owner so I dont think it would take too much to try and find out when I get the Logbook back!

Going on the mot history I have managed to pull up on the net, the past 4 years my pajero has done around 15k which i find hard to believe, but if those are the official figures I am curious to know what it was imported in on. I usually do like to try and get to know my cars as far back as I can, and also no service history isnt giving much away either, of course being in my hands now she will be well looked after and serviced when needed !

Any ideas where I could get this kinda info from? I currently have 81k on the clock, imported in 2005 to this country (uk).

Thanks

Marcia
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 18:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Dino

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say what year your Paj is, but If it's done 60k in the last 4 years and only has 81k on the clock, I think it highly improbable that it only had less than 21k on it when it was imported.
I'm on my 3rd Paj and have always been suspicious of the speedo readings.
It is very easy to change speedo heads on these things after all.
evo2lady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no i think you got me wrong...

its a 1995 M reg imported in 2005 to the UK

current 81k

has done 15k in the past 4yrs in total, (dont know any further back as i cant trace the MOT docs online)
Dino

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! Dumb ass has now re-read and understands. Smile
evo2lady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get me wrong I am quite happy with it doing so LITTLE mileage just curious to know being a woman I tend to like being quite nosey, having had an import before, (car) It did come with quite abit of info, no handbooks but the good guys at Ralliart Mitsubishi (Dudly) were quite good at getting me most of the info I needed and of course their hands on it when it went abit naughty sometimes too !

I do understand alot of the pajeros do come in with reasonable low/mid mileage (for the year) into the UK, nothing with huge amounts of hammered mileage is this right?
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Kaths original 2.6 came into the Country with 17k on the clock with a BITMA Certificate to prove the mileage was genuine.so yes there are very low milage ones out there...if you could find out who originally imprted and from where they might be able to help as the mileage is entered on the transitbill of ladeling log
HTH
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the import milage make any difference on the ministry checks for registering an import   Question
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as I am aware it just goes on the production year Keith
p11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you check if a pajero is an import or are they all imports
rcxkryten
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

all pajeros are imports

shoguns are the Uk equivalent ( Montero in the US & Spain rofl)
evo2lady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh, I had the v5 back today with it saying the Pajero was only imported into the UK in 2005 so I am guessing the MOT's I could get online was all that is available with it not being in the country for that long!

Also (after major cleaning her out) I have a full toolbox exc. the torch, which is no mega big deal, but I was thrilled to see I had the tools! Also found the jack and handle, but i have one other spare compartment under the rear seat with only a pair of gloves in, not sure what might have been in there?

Also have the tray under the front seat but no flare in the passenger foot well, no big deal, cos when I had my Evo (import) I always had this thing for wanting to let it off (the flare) u know the child comes out of you some times lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: