QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Seen one of these before?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny Tim wrote:
We invent cars to replace horses - then tow the horses around with the cars?

Ah well, that's progress for you.

Good observation, hehe
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

EmEm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Tiny!!! The horse pulled all the carts etc years ago, done all the hard work, and now, they just chill out in their trailers, whilst our 4x4's do all the hard work, and pull them!!
As my bloke would say, waste of money.... KILL IT!!!!!! Twisted Evil (then I hit him!!!!) Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Em

They have a good expression for sick horses in NZ that your bloke would love (I don't subscribe to it but thought I would share)...

Dog tucker it !

Not big on animal rights down there Very Happy

and btw - get your piccy in the show yourself thread!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuey wrote:
drunknorgy wrote:
I thought that off roaders - were for going off road Confused

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not off-roaders, they're 4x4's. We use ours for pulling the horse-box, caravan, trailers etc. We've done many off-road events both with the club, and on our own, but have hung up our "off-road" boots in favour if tarmac. We're keeping the PJ though of course. No regular car is capable of pulling a large horse-box with two heavy horses inside.

I wouldn't have my PAJ if it wasn't for the need to pull a double Horse Trailer legally either. I was well overweight with my last car and just one Horse.

If I was feeling lazy, I would use it to get to my stables, which is right at the back of an 8 acre (clay based) field with no access road through it, twice a day.

I have gone across there a few times but the car destroys the grass, and it is the horses dinner after all.

I really don't want to off road in mine more than neccessary as they are *beep* to clean the mud out of the arches, and it messes up the interior hopping in and out with wellies on (I am not a glutton for punishment, I prefer driving to cleaning).

Its nice to know that it is there when called upon though, as my Xantia was getting stuck in the gateway to the field and I had to be towed out of it last year due to even moderate rain turning it into porridge Shocked.

If I was just getting a car to tow with (and not off road Wink ) I would have gone for a Volvo 960 which costs a fraction of the price of my PAJ to buy and run and was tow car of the year for umpteen years running due to its longer wheelbase !.
Uncle Foxy

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, if it's got low range and LSD and centre difflock and a fair bit of ground clearence then I would think it has been designed primarily for offroad use Shocked The fact that it can tow half a ton of pre processed glue and dog food is just an added bonus Laughing
tellyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Foxy wrote:
Erm, if it's got low range and LSD and centre difflock and a fair bit of ground clearence then I would think it has been designed primarily for offroad use Shocked The fact that it can tow half a ton of pre processed glue and dog food is just an added bonus Laughing
I will go with that Laughing Laughing Laughing very good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: