QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Dave's Start to End Guide to Registering our Paj in France

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news  Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Volcanbleu

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Register Pajero in Auvergne Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for all the informations. I just bought a beautifull english 1993 Pajero 2,8l and I will do the paperwork here in Clermont-ferrand since I live in Puy de Dome. I would like very much to get in touch with you "tigernige1". I am french and I live in Vollore Montagne near Thiers.

Kindly
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonsoir et bienvenue a PocUK   Very Happy ! J'espere que votre Pajero est un bon voiture pour vous !

Cordialement

Anne Very Happy
tigernige1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Volcanbleu

Sorry for  the delay in replying. I live the other side of Clermont Ferrand between Pontaumur and St Gervais D'Auvergne, how can I help?

best regards
Volcanbleu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 15:39    Post subject: Contact telephone Reply with quote

Hi tigernige,

Thanks for the response. I would be glad to talk with U over the phone about your Pajero and all you did for the french registration. I have started the process and the more you know in this adventure, the best it is. I already talked to the guy at DRIRE and he seems to be quiet nice. I cannot send you a private message through the site so. You can call me (04 4314 6040) or send me your tel number.

Cheers
Volcanbleu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tigernige1,

Couldn't respond to your message because not enough post yet (should be ok with this one now). I would like to know if you had the standard européen builder plate with weights on your Pajero or the japanese one without mentioning weights like mine.

My builder  plate :

Chassis : V46401...
Model : V46WG  RPF1
Mot : 4M40  Ext : H2WF

Trans axle : V4AW3     4900

Col int option : H81W.....

My email : jmunplugged@hotmail.com

Thanks
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Volcanbleu

I don' think anybody has a plate with the weights on in a Japanese import Paj, but you will need to fit one yourself. Have you read my post about registering my Pajero? It's in the 'Sticky posts' above Dave Muttley's guide. Title of post is 'French registration in a bag of nutshells'. I combined Dave's guide in this thread, but if you read on through the pages it has my registration from start to finish prior to Dave's and covers just about all problems that are likely to come up.  I researched all this before I even bought my paj back in 2005, but still got a few surprises...

There is a picture on page 4 of that thread of the plaque I made myself on the reverse of an aluminium 'toilettes' sign bought from our local Brico  Laughing . I drilled and rivetted it into the engine compartment, and the DRIRE boss at Bordeaux was happy with it  Rolling Eyes  Wink

I think this is a link - scroll down to my post with the picture.

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87328&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
tigernige1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Volcanbleu

I have pm'd you with the size of plaque Clermont Ferrand requested, also confirming a few other things as well which they were happy with for us.

good luck
Volcanbleu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for all your help. I checked the pages and it is very helpfull. I am stunned that they accept a custom weight plate. Good example of crazy french regulations..

Seems that the most difficult is to find a good CT guy ... May be it is worth to go to Cognac to avoid changing the lights.. hi! Not so far from Auvergne.

besides, I am wondering why the british bother with importing. I would love to be able to stay in UK plates.... if only I was british...hi!

Cheers
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had to change the lights for the CT, but also M. Garandel (  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad - may he rot in hell  Laughing  ) at the DRIRE ( DREAL ) checked them as well, so it may be best to be prepared.. Eblag E>B>A>Y> is a source, there are sellers in Germany, and there is a guy who posted on my headlight removal thread ( stickys) that he has LHD headlights for sale or swap. I think he's in UK though

Registration is nothing to do with nationality, if we Brits live more than 6 months a year in France we HAVE to register - it's just that a lot of them don't bother, and drive around with UK plates using a relative's address in UK for insurance, returning to UK for the MOT (CT) each year and continuing to pay car tax in the UK. It's fine Rolling Eyes until they have an accident, when I'm sure their insurers either in UK or France will simply refuse to pay up. UK insurance is for UK residents and French insurance is for French residents - sadly because UK insurance is about half the price of French... Rolling Eyes There are  Expat forums where this topic comes up all the time, and people say that their french insurers tell them it isn't necessary to register the car in France. Some companies seem happy to take their money, but after one month, or four if they are having trouble with registering and DREAL inspections and so on, the insurance is not legal.

Some friends of ours live near Saumur, and they have been told by the insurers that their caravan, which weighs around 1100kgs and has brakes, does not have to be registered and they can drive it around using the ( french registered) car's registration number on the back of it. I have told them they are breaking the law and they cannot be legally insured, but they won't listen.

However having seen the cost of secondhand Pajeros (d'occasion) in France, it's not surprising we stick with our RHD versions. We could sell all three of our cars in UK and barely be able to buy a Pajero like mine in France.

Your English is very good. Very Happy
Volcanbleu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, you can do anything with insurers until you have a big crash with people injuries, then it is different. Thanks for the lights advice. Fortunately, the previous owner already tried the import and still has the french lights and he said he will give it to me. Very nice the britishs.. This pajero seems to have been predestined to end up in France..

I am still looking for electric schemes for this 2,8L TD. Can you help?

Thanks for the compliment on my english.

Cheers
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look at my workshop manual. I think there are wiring diagrams in there. The club search facility is also very good - just about everything is there somewhere, but sometimes it can be elusive..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: