2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Registering a Blue Line box trailer in France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Registering a Blue Line box trailer in France Reply with quote

Don't ask... Evil or Very Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I took a deep breath and said a few choice words, and we're still not there. I have been too busy over the past couple of months to sort out the extra very technical details the DREAL requested, which seemed to imply that I was the constructer of the trailer and therefore would have technical diagrams and calculations. To be honest I ran out of steam as well... Anyway we  have managed to obtain a Certificate of Conformity ( Whooppeeeee!!!)  from Blue line, I got ready to send it all off to the DREAL , and then checked the weights on the CoC. They now say the trailer weighs nearly 400kgs - yes that's four HUNDRED kilos  Shocked more on the COc than on any other paperwork, including their current sales literature.....996kgs as against 600  Shocked . so I may just have to start again. I still can't find a weighbridge near here. I have sent off loads  more pictures and the CoC, and have my fingers crossed.

Be aware that if you buy a blueline trailer, the empty weight is pure fiction.  Rolling Eyes
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had our DRIRE ( DREAL ) inspection today - and she failed  Evil or Very Mad

There's no conformity number sticker or plate on the chassis A section, and Blue line can't furnish one .. yet .... ( maybe by Christmas  Rolling Eyes ) .. According to the man at the DREAL it is not correctly made to EEC regulations, yet others in other departments have managed it...  Confused So - we have nearly £3000 worth of kit that we can't use or register until someone comes up with an idea. We can't sell it either here, and we're 800 miles from UK to sell it there.
To say we're fed up and absolutely furiously livid is an understatement Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad   violent1  violent3
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a UK registered company, and they had not declared it was not to EU conformity, then you have a case, and Citizens Advice isn't 800 miles away, it's here   www.adviceguide.org.uk   and do email enquiries.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a UK registered company, and they had not declared it was not to EU conformity, then you have a case, and Citizens Advice isn't 800 miles away, it's here   www.adviceguide.org.uk   and do email enquiries.

p.s.  At the motorsport team I did some work for, we had this with our trailers, all we did, was copied all the details from a known trailer, and had a plate engraved, job done
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richie .. the guy says he's going to speak to someone at indespension tomorrow - may come up with something - perhaps. I'm preparing for a worst case scenario.

Re the other - I had considered that, I also want to find out how this construction differs from French built trailers .. I don't think it's a case of anti anglais, but I want to find out if I can - if they're built the same I want to know why it's OK for France but not UK.  Wink
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we've waited very patiently, and today I think I have the right number at last - they said the drawbar passed the inspection without any modifications Wink  ... it remains to be seen if it's acceptable... We're hoping to be able to get an inspection for the caravan and the other Paj and take the box trailer all at the same time. Perhaps.

I've been looking at lots of French trailers, and there are still many that have been made exactly the same way. Thing is in France they get round the registration problem by making twin axle unbraked trailers that could carry a whole lot more than 750kg ( 2x1000kg axles ) and then put 500kg all up weight on the plate so they don't have to register it. Fine I guess - until you're A/ stopped by the gendarmes and they go and weigh the laden trailer, or B/ you have an accident.. Rolling Eyes
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not there ...
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the drawbar calculations, so there's a chance we may be in business?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally picked up the registration today. Thanks eventually to Blue line who put me in touch with the people doing their homologation in Holland, who supplied the calculations for the drawbar, and my DIY skills fitting a second number plate light and engraving details on the constructors plate and buying a  trailer tare weight sticky label in french, also fitting the anti cyclist protection bars, and then of course we had to get it weighed in France as well.. wow I'm going to miss this so much.. Wink Not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: