2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rate e-car / e-van / e-bike / e-home insurance online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate the e-insurance services
Excellent!
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Very good
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Average
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Below par
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 22:00    Post subject: Rate e-car / e-van / e-bike / e-home insurance online Reply with quote

A range of online insurance quote services - please give them a go and see how they come up for you ...

Please rate them fairly on your actual, personal experience of using these services!

Click the pic for the relevant service ...

Simon thumbright

Last edited by PoCUK on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 22:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a motor quote exactly as my present one stands. Without any changes.
The site is simple and easy to use and clarity is not an issue.
But, it returned a quote of ............Grand Total:   £499.77  Shocked
I then received a text message from them quoting £334

At the end of the process you can click a compare the market button
This firstly required me to state my employment again but this time it had more options and unlike the first time it included my occupation.
It then 'compared the market and the results were eCar £499.77 (first on the list) and Swift Cover £207(second on the list).

My present policy with Swift Cover is £210 with the same benefits as eCar.

However, my policy is not due for renewal until November so things may change again in that time  Wink  Wink
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Sean - thank you ...

It's good that there are people out there who take a bit of notice and are happy to 'test drive' services like this ...

All feedback welcome!

Simon salute
Tonka
Events rep (North East)
Events rep (North East)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs Si. Sorry it wasn't more positive  Embarassed  Wink

I have found that most companies are around the £500 mark for some reason, so it wasn't a dig at eCar  Wink
rubberduck
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

am currently with e car at the moment as they where cheapest to insure the paj last year. i had a accident with them where it went as my fault, they where very good in the way they tried to help but becuase of no police attendance they unfortunatly had to give over.

there current qoute is about a 1000 cheaper that what i paid last year but still not the best and tpft. aviva have got my vote and my new policy starts with them 1st of september.
MartinF
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to use website except for the occupations....  They insisted that Liz, a Department store retailer, was an 'Abbatoir worker!'

Still, the quote at £351.16 wasn't bad but I'll see what Gary at 2Gether has to say about it.        Strange that the ecar comparison site next offered me cover for £241.75  but then the phone calls started, all of which were from canvassers who didn't seem to know much about insurance or cars and expected me to provide all my details again!

Just as well I only gave the shop number then!!

Scared to go to the toilet now in case there's one of those canvassers in there!!

Good fun but I don't have much confidence in people who trade like that.
hato5422

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 14:27    Post subject: Ecar - Shysters - Avoid Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Bad experience with this lot....firstly don't bother trying to phone them - they don't want telephone contact (as their name suggests) should you have any queries.

I moved address to a 'better' postcode. They tried to charge me £38 extra blaming the area (not an admin charge for new paperwork) BIG mistake, as I had worked in geodemographics some time ago I know exactly how postcodes generate risk scores. Thye blamed someone else (the company that does their scoring) and tried to wiggle out of it until I insisted they revisit the problem.

They backed down. £38 refund, compo and fairly low key apology.

All trust gone, they tried it on and got caught out, would never use them again. How they would behave with a claim would be the big test and I would have no confidence at all based on my experience.

Like cheap parts (particularly glow plugs) Cheap doesn't mean best

I got a very good deal with Direct Line
paj-ero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 18:05    Post subject: Re: Ecar - Shysters - Avoid Reply with quote

hato5422 wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Bad experience with this lot....firstly don't bother trying to phone them - they don't want telephone contact (as their name suggests) should you have any queries.

Ditto had a few silmple issues that could have been very easyly rectified but due to very bad communication and inability to do what they actually say they are they managed to snowball..  This actually reminds me because of these problems i cancelled my policy and was due a refund of £80 and guess what i never heard from them and there impossible to get in touch with!
daz n toni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

have recently taken insurance with them and changed it 2 months into year from 1.4 corsa to 2.5 derv swb shogun, this a third car policy with no no claims to transfer, and points and a few claims on my other policies ( 6 points ,2 windowscreens, 2 fault claims, 1 non fault claim ) and found the policy extremely reasonable and easy to do on line, so so far i rate them 1st class.
prokie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am currently with e-car and i must say they are the worst insurance company i have been with i wouldnt recommend them to any one
nutworld

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried using there link

got to second page an cant go any further as it wont accept my occupation as = driver

or my employers buisness role as = transport company

so not a good start really
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: