QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

french registration

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and me both:

Had our DRIRE ( DREAL ) last Friday for our Blue line Box trailer - and she failed   Evil or Very Mad

There's no conformity number sticker or plate on the chassis A section, and Blue line can't furnish one .. yet .... ( maybe by Christmas  Rolling Eyes ) .. According to the man at the DREAL it is not correctly made to EEC regulations, yet others in other departments have managed it...  Confused  So - we have nearly £3000 worth of kit that we can't use or register until someone comes up with an idea. We can't sell it either here, and we're 800 miles from UK to sell it there.
To say we're fed up and absolutely furiously livid is an understatement  Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

antwr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 15:29    Post subject: coc & re-regsitering Reply with quote

Hi,
Am just starting the process and have bought our pajero 2nd hand - so what would constitute a facture in this instance.
Would a typed up made up invoice suffice?
What have other people used as invoices and suceeded?

Any help gratefully appreciated

Thanks
Ant
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the club/madhouse  Very Happy

I guess pretty much anything will do - I think it's only terribly important how 'official looking it is if the car is fairly new, cause it's proving that VAT has been paid. Mine was a used car invoice from a garage, but I think just something with the proof that you bought it and are the owners, with a signature ( real or otherwise  Wink ) of previous owner will do.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions  Very Happy
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi in Scotland just now but still no word from DREAL Sad I e-mailed mitsi agin to ask what dreal response was but they had nothing back so they have e-mailed them again j'attends encore Rolling Eyes our 3 months is up on the insurance but i explained the situation to the bank and they gave us cover till december Very Happy  will be back home on monday so will try DREAL myself  rear caliper sticking so taking one back to fit as not sure how easy it is to fit seal kit  and dont have other car  so replacement caliper seems best option   watch this space Laughing     have posted some pics of swb which i use when in Scotland and of lwb in france  still on uk plates Sad  Sad  in readers drives
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 16:55    Post subject: dreal Reply with quote

Just an update as am back in uk at the moment  but DREAL in Limoges phoned last week ,  after Mitsubishi sent them e mail to say they would not re frappe chassis as this is done at factory in Japan and i arrived at their office asking to speak to the chef(boss in french)who was not in as usual,  to say they were willing to make an exception and accept the 10 digits  quelle surprise cheers  but i was to fit the contructors plaque ,which Mitsi said they would supply in their letter to DREAL to help,with chassis no on    Shocked  that would be the one that is alreabut dy there which i explained at the outset matches the chassis stamp Confused so i need to phone for rendez vous now  will do this from here on tuesday once my wife has picked up the plate with the weights on it   i went to a poids lourds in limoges on the advice of Mitsi dealer  they are supplying alu plate with weights on   i dont want to turn up with homemade one as this guy is obviously very fussy  will post again when i get the apptment at DREAL
perhaps i will get it done before Christmas Smile  well Christmas 2011 anyway  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kind of progress I suppose.. Confused  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

I'm in UK as well at the mo - nice here isn't it.. Wink
bluemoon465

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42    Post subject: uk Reply with quote

nice if you're an eskimo Laughing -15 here

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac104/jaluc4/snow/?action=view&current=SL370655.jpg

reindeer
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brrrrrr. Back home today - was 17c yesterday Very Happy
paysansg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:47    Post subject: Registration progress... Reply with quote

Pleased to say that our Exceed went through the CT today (contre visite) and passed. Thought we might be on a sticky wicket, as the CT guy told us (on our original visit in Feb) that he would not put a CT on the car until it had French number plates on it... and our man at DREAL told us that he would not examine the car until it had a valid CT on it. Talk about a catch-22!

Thankfully DREAL gave us a "certificate" to say that the car was in the process of re-registration and it was a different CT guy at the garage today, who was happy to accept a copy of the DREAL document and process the car with its UK logbook.

So am now waiting for the DREAL office to open after lunch to book a rendezvous for the next stage.

A long drawn out process, but I'm sure we will get there soon  Very Happy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Very Happy

We have another one to do in the near future .. Rolling Eyes
paysansg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 16:08    Post subject: At last! Reply with quote

All done and dusted. Got the cert of conformity from DREAL and went to our Sous-Prefecture where we were issued a temporary Carte Gris. Two days later the real McCoy arrived in the post. Hurrah!

Many, many thanks to Daisy for her help... very much appreciated.

BTW, if anyone wants to negotiate for a set of headlights for a PJ MkII for driving in the UK please feel free to get in touch. (Apologies if I am breaking any rules on advertising but I see that the new "for sale" board is only set up for UK).

Happy Easter  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news  Very Happy  Very Happy and a less fattening Easter present than all that chocolate  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

Just make sure you keep the cooling system well looked after - cylinder heads are not a thing to change too often  Wink

Still waiting on our Blueline trailer drawbar conformity.... 8 months on... I phoned Blueline the other day and they say that the drawbar has passed  Very Happy , but they've got to wait for the guys in Holland to finish the full conformity tests to before they can let me have the magic number to put on the chassis  Rolling Eyes
paysansg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 months... oh boy, glad we didn't have to wait that long.... 4 months was bad enough  Shocked

Oh well, better gear up for tomorrow's chocolate feast  Laughing
grayjay

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi reading all of this is really depressing since I have just started the process myself. (New member 2006 lwb shogun elegance) Having lived in France for two years I'm already exhausted with the nonsense of the paperwork.... for just about everything! To avoid this very problem 18 months ago I bought a French registered Smart car for my wife that was registered in the same department with a full CT and thought 'happy days' It actually took nearly 3 months to change the ownership and get it registered in our name.... because the new number plate system in France had come into force ....what a farce. And now having bought my first Shogun ( Which I am impressed with Smile ) I can foresee months of more of the same. Having said that it went through the CT with flying colours yesterday complete with Euro headlights at a massive price from Germany. Got to say the chap that did the CT adjusted the lights FOC since I had no machine to do it myself.
I also want to start by thanking all of the members who wrote articles regarding what to look out for when buying a Mitsubishi Shogun. Needless to say I have bought the timing chain tensioner and will be fitting that very soon. My Shogun has only done 73k miles and sounds sweet .... but it is good sense to follow their advice. Out of curiosity my wife rang Mitsubishi UK who are sending out a COC certificate within the next week and have not asked for payment?? Could this be that my Shogun is not import? Owned a trusty Toyota Estima for five years and was really impressed with that. Have owned a LR Disco.... pile of poo! and most unreliable 4x4 by far. So just enjoying the power and comfort of our new beast.
Best regards
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a UK Shogun you should not find any problem registering as it was imported from Japan as a EU spec. new car. The Pajero encounters difficulties because it is imported into UK ( or anywhere else) secondhand and is Japanese spec. I have yet to discover what is the actual difference between Japanese spec and EU spec, but sadly the French want to check everything themselves.

Once you get the CoC ( assuming they are happy with one in English and not in French )from Mitsubishi it should be a doddle - just get your quittus fiscale from the tax office to prove that VAT was paid on the car fill out the forms, take receipt, quittus, CoC, passport, recent less then 3 months old utilities bill, V5, CT, plus copies of EVERYTHING just in case something gets lost, go to the prefecture or sous-prefecture with your dossier, be prepared to sit there for a couple of hours if it's anything like ours  Rolling Eyes When you get to the counter be hyper pleasant and polite, hand over your docs which they will check, with a bit of luck and a following wind you should get your new reg there and then. Take your French cheque book to pay the fee... probably around 500 euros for a 2006 car - don't know - our youngest one is 1996 !!

Bon chance, bon courage, and don't be afraid to ask questions on here.  And WELCOME to the forum!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: