Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Registering a UK caravan in France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57    Post subject: Registering a UK caravan in France Reply with quote

Compiling a dossier, the box trailer still isn't there but we thought we'd start on the caravan... Confused We sent off for conformity for the Porsche last week.. aren't we gluttons for punishment!!

So far: we approached Bailey caravans, and they have sent conformity to EU or EN ( I assume that's UK ) norms.. I am taking pictures of everything, filling out yet another demande de certificate d'immatriculation form and going off to the sous prefecture to start the ball rolling - or not. Another watch this space... Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

powerdesal

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is there any update on the caravan registration procedure yet?

I anticipate having to jump through the hoops later this year with a Swift Challenger.
dulux

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

EN  stands for european norm.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting round to tackling the caravan very soon, I'm in UK at the mo. To be honest we ran out of steam on it last year, but did get the Porsche registered without any trouble. I'm trying to find out if it's necessary to get conformity for the axle from ALKO-Kober ( £90!). The guy at the DREAL said that the other conformity we have for the gas and electric fittings will mean we don't have to have a bureau Veritas inspection ( around £250 if I remember right from other forums, but don't quote me on that.??). He didn't seem to think it would be a particular problem, plus because it was made in 1993 the regulations weren't so stringent.

Still waiting on drawbar conformity for the box trailer from Blueline... and paying insurance for both that and the caravan that we can't use, plus the cylinder head has gone on the Pajero Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Eyes

Cars - who'd have 'em?  Rolling Eyes  Laughing
pontyboy

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

im also in France with english plated Pajero to do (jap import to uk) also caravan to do Shocked
pontyboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice photo
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pontyboy, sorry not to reply - we've been on holiday in Spain - back tomorrow, then off to Uk for a week Laughing  Rolling Eyes . I try to keep an eye on this section, so feel free to ask questions and I'll try to help if I can.  Very Happy Is your caravan's manufacturer still in business? It'll be easier if they are.
pontyboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Hope you had a good trip to Spain. the caravan is a Swift silouette not sure if there still in buisness swift.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift are still in business. First port of call - get in touch with them re a certificate of european conformity for the van. http://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/Caravans/Swift
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today at last ( long story and funds available and time and energy and waiting for the SWB documentation  to do the two at the same time} we're dropping off the documents at the Prefecture.
I  haven't bothered getting the Cert of Conf. from Alko as the van is old - a 1993, and I believe ( I was told by M Garandel ) it isn't necessary ? Alko will provide it but at a cost of £90 so if we can save some money all the better. It's a new guy at Bordeaux now, so I expect that will have changed.. Wink  Rolling Eyes
So, i've included
1/ the conformity details provided by Bailey for the gas, electrics and dimensions and weights of the van itself - I have a weight plate I have filled out to rivet to the chassis
2/ The Immatriculation of a voiture form and a Reception a Titre Isolé form
3/ up to date utility bill copy
4/ Photocopies from the Alko chassis handbook, but only a few, with a note to say I do possess the handbook but there's too much to Pcopy
5/ Cover photo of Bailey handbook
6/ Photos of hitch plate markings, chassis number frappe a froid, window markings etc etc.

Will keep this post up to date with progress.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWB is through after the inspection - but the docs seem to have got lost in jours feriés land ( bank holidays - which cuts out most of May in France ) between the DREAL and the sous prefecture..

Caravan ( and the box trailer - for the second time)  - have their appointments on Wednesday. CROSS FINGERS PLEASE !!!
I'm dealing with the new guy at the DREAL via email. It's MUCH easier, and he replies too Shocked  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done and dusted, though the caravan flagged up as stolen  Shocked  .. however after a phone call the lady at the prefecture said it was a computer bug..  Confused We've owned it for nearly 5 years and bought it through a pukka dealership, with all it's previous documents, so I think it's unlikely it had been stolen.. Rolling Eyes

Today I fitted new French plates to the SWB Paj, the caravan and the box trailer.. wow, what a relief - we're legal - all 7 of our wheeled vehicles  !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: