2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PDA BASED NAVIGATION ON PAJERO SPORT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spining

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:40    Post subject: PDA BASED NAVIGATION ON PAJERO SPORT Reply with quote

http://www.autoshow.ro/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=1925&pid=98893[img][/img]
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

spining

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:02    Post subject: Re: PDA BASED NAVIGATION ON PAJERO SPORT Reply with quote

the system is simple: on an DELL AXIM X5 PDA, I've mounted an GPS module

in the car I've mounted an proclip (that device that you fix on the dashboard without making holes in it), a double proclip, one side for the nokia car kit, one for the active holder of the pda (this active holder is also charging the pda)
also I've mounted on the car an KATHREIN antenna - double function (signal for the car kit and also for the gps)

with all this, I have an super sexi navi sistem, and it s sexi also because when I go arround an foreign city I can park the car and I can use the navi benefits without the car, and this you cannot have with an regular car navi system
Ian 146

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well does the pda work mate, being thinking about one for a while, can you just put a postcode in and it will take you to that area or doesnt it work like that... Exclamation
evo4x4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian - I have a Toshiba PDA with Tomtom2 mapping. It all works fine but no to postcodes - street names/towns are entered in and away you go - follow the voice and watch the map on the PDA: very accurate.
I have also got Fugawi mapping (1:50,000 Ordance Survey) for off-road but have hit a hiccup in getting the mapping off my PC onto the PDA (other postings refer). Currently trying to work out a solution to that Twisted Evil

Keith
Ian 146

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also looking at tom tom 2 thanks for the info
evo4x4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian - Email on my system tonight from TomTom says they are launching TomTom3 in April. All purchases of TomTom2 after Jan 04 will get free upgrade.

Keith
P3JRO
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 20:22    Post subject: Re: PDA BASED NAVIGATION ON PAJERO SPORT Reply with quote

spining wrote:

also I've mounted on the car an KATHREIN antenna - double function (signal for the car kit and also for the gps)

spinning
What does this look like where does it mount any pics

Paul
spining

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 23:35    Post subject: Re: PDA BASED NAVIGATION ON PAJERO SPORT Reply with quote

ok
so, the tom tom III is already launched (last week)

I've been to CeBit and I hoped that I'll find it there but... no

anyway, it's launched

in the same time, for postal code navigation you need TomTom Citymaps

and yes, I'll search some photos with the antenna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: