2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What is high mileage?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruisn06

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 90 has 265000km's right now on the 3L petrol with an auto tranny. a few fixes with mostly wear and tear parts. had the front brakes sieze this week, but after crossing the center of australia with all the dust and sand it was bound to happen. it never lets us down and everything works fine still. except the power steering box blew a seal.

door handles are mostly okay, back door had to be opened and cleaned due to sand and dust getting in and siezing the handle.
all windows roll up jsut fine and easily
all lights work
no electrical problems

I bought this wagon of some backpackers when I got to australia and it had 252000 on it. and who knows what they did to it. or the fact they didn't do any maintenance. and who knows the life prior. but for the age it is in great shape still.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 14:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Padjy

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine had 90,0054 when i bought it, and now has 237k its been used hard! since ive had it, but it always gets the care it needs.

things to go wrong are, cam belt went (on the way to the garage to get it done!)  Evil or Very Mad
rocker shaft snapped, cheap fix.....and thats about it..... oh and a couple of bits of welding done on the back

the rest of the stuff is stuff that ive broken, like alternators filled with mud x5, calipers seized because the sliders were filled with mud numerous times, upright bearings gone because they were filled with mud 2-3 times (theres a pattern forming here Laughing ) snapped two rear shocks, rear prop uj is on its way out.

but like i say mine gets used hard! and when it was still an everyday car it was doing norwich to doncaster and back every weekend, flat out!!!! regularly used to sit on motorways at fast lane speeds in it. i love it! Very Happy
LandRover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

197250kms on my 2003...

Just say'in like

Very Happy
devonmark

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd post anyway....my 98 shogun has 130,000 miles and still drives like new, I have a renault trafic for work on an 05 plate, it has done 342,700 miles and drives like it was bought last week, so I could say the shogun is low mileage Very Happy
tubbs

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

157k and still going strong, think the alternator is on its legs though because it has a slight squeak every now and then. Still charging fine so im leaving it be for now. If you put all the electrics on heated everything and headlights and spots on main beam it gets slightly squeaky. The output is ok though. I still count that as a consumable part. Along with plugs, leads, pads and rear roll bar bushes. But thats about it. No im lying, one of the rear wheel bulbs is blown on the super select. But that really is it, even the light in the compass still works !
kalmac
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

just worked out the milage that my mk1 engine had done.
it dropped a valve and as they say "  it happens"
it had done 212769 miles...
just found a converting site online
so.. not to bad
new one is well under the 100k so just running in still Wink
shogunpower

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

199k miles on mine, engine gearbox and diff mounts are *beep* at this stage.
n_e_a_l

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine shogun has done just under 164k and to drive it you wouldnt no
paji101

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2.8 paji done over 166000kms and still all orignal except for new water pump and new oil in viscous fan serviced every 5000/6000kms
LandRover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now approaching 250,000kms without any problems so far. I did the valves at about 240,000kms to find they weren't far out.  I still change the oil and 3 filters every 5000kms to find the oil honey coloured for about 10 days thereafter. After 5k it's coloured medium but not jet black.

Just say'in

Smile

john lawless

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:36    Post subject: high mileage 2.8 Reply with quote

Hi My1994 MK2 2.8 swb has just gone over the 500km mileage mark. I  Do a oil change every 10000km and fuel / oil filters at least once a year. I always give the suspension / driveline a look over while i am underneath , picks up any problems at an early stage. It just passed its yearly commercial test here in Ireland with no advisories. The dreaded rust over the rear chassis rail arches usually kills them before anything else. Only problems have been electrics super select lights/ rev counter/ speedo nothing to stop her running though.
alanymarce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our LC80 had 324,000 Km on it when we last saw it, friends used it for another big trip then we sold it, so it would have done about 350 Mm when sold.

We drove an LC40 belonging to friends which had  530,000 Km on it, and the odometer had stopped working when they bought it 5 years previously.

We meet an overlander in Argentina whose LC70 had done over a million Km.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: