QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mud Flaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 22:06    Post subject: Mud Flaps Reply with quote

I dicided to spash out on some new mudflaps from http://www.pajeroaccessories.co.uk and very nice they are to.
Jaos look alikes at a fraction of the cost.

A little bit of fiddling about to get them fitted but after a few hours they were on, despite the rain that was on/off all weekend.

The kit came with four flaps all identical apart from you had two left hand and two right hand.

They supplied new course threaded bolts and the wire link and clips and some fitting plates (If you look carefully at the first image you can see a black plate fitted on the rear, they were covered in a protected film which I removed and were plain metal underneath, I spayed them with a matt black paint just so they never stood out so much, though this will soon come off and get the weathered look. Laughing

I hooked up the front 'wire supports' to bolts that holds the running boards on, though I might alter this, the rears were hooked onto a bolt underneath (part of the rear 1/4 bumpers for convience to save drilling holes and seem to fit ok.

The offside rear was the trickest as the original mudflap fitted on that side is a big one piece section so I simple cut it below the original bolt hole on the inner side and left that intact to protect from debris and simply drilled a hole in the new flap to suit and bolted it all together, the wheel's on the rear was removed to make it a 100% easier to fit as you have to drill a couple of holes and makes life easier.

Moans Crying or Very sad I used the original bolts as the ones supplied were a bit shorter and we all know what those plastic nuts they screw into are like...
Also where the front flap's have to line up with the inner bolt hole's they were a bit of a stretch to get the bolts into, (You have to drill these holes in the flaps yourself, the wing ones were pre-cut) but all in all worth the 50 quid.

Jadie at the shop was more than helpful with her email's and apologies, pleasure to do business with.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 22:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Steve.

Couple of questions...

1. Do you reckon the wire bits are really necessary?

2. £50 for 4 or £50 for 2 (the website seems to say £50 for 2)
tomcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny Tim wrote:
Nice one Steve.

Couple of questions...

1. Do you reckon the wire bits are really necessary?

2. £50 for 4 or £50 for 2 (the website seems to say £50 for 2)

50 quid the whole kit 4 flaps.

As for the wires.... hmmm maybe not but hopefully they would stop them rolling up under the rear wheel as you sometimes see on tipper lorrys when reversing over uneven ground.
evo4x4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim/Steve - Steve they look very good; a fine choice.
I've got Ralliart red mudflaps on the PajEvo (taken off for our Ridgeway venture). They came with the vehicle and have the wire supports. I tried them without the wire and they were more like mudflops than mudflaps Shocked So they are back on with the wire 8)

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Vehicle modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: